RazoRock SS Lupo Gen. II

Reviews seen to suggest that both the .72 and .95 are more blade forward than the GC .84. It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on it - based on what I've read, I'm not sure it will be your Tech replacement. If it's a modern Tech replacement you're after, it's probably got to be the Feather AS - D2?

Edit: Typo

I've got one coming over from the US. Hopefully later this week. Will report back when it lands

Got the new Lupo 72 (with a little help from my American friend).

Much easier on the skin than GC.84 with no loss of efficiency and with the distinct blade feel still.
Frankly, I like it a bit more. Esp., looks-wise.

sotd_235.jpg

OP
Bogeyman
...Much easier on the skin than GC.84 with no loss of efficiency and with the distinct blade feel still...

Since I have a GC SB .68 (and am good with math :giggle: ) it appears that the Lupo .72 SB falls into the "Goldilocks" zon e for those who want a tad bit closer shave than .68mm gives, but not what appears to be an overly aggressive one such as the .84 provides. I agree as I finally shaved with a Lupo SB .72 and it nestles in nicely betwixt the two. The .72 is indeed a very nice razor. It shaves a lot like a.......................

Lord L6(?) Tech clone IMO as regards strictly aggression. Of course, the SS Lupo handles better and is of far better quality. I however do not assign any "mystical" qualities to artisan razors as regards purely shaving. It is science after all. :whistle:

OP
Bogeyman
I think I am going to sell my Lupo .72 and also my Gamechanger .68 SB. I don't like the "nubby" feeling of the former's bar and the latter shaves me no better than a Tech. I am so used to a Tech that it's like second nature for me. I could probably stand on my head in the dark and shave my nutz with a Tech.....................weak handed................while watching TV as I am so familiar with it after so many years. ;) It provides all I really need for a daily driver.

I think I am going to sell my Lupo .72 and also my Gamechanger .68 SB. I don't like the "nubby" feeling of the former's bar and the latter shaves me no better than a Tech. I am so used to a Tech that it's like second nature for me. I could probably stand on my head in the dark and shave my nutz with a Tech.....................weak handed................while watching TV as I am so familiar with it after so many years. ;) It provides all I really need for a daily driver.
What's the nubby feeling you've mentioned? How does it feel in terms of blade feel? Similar to the .68?

Interestingly the .95 and DC are availability through UK vendors now but not the .72.

What's the nubby feeling you've mentioned? How does it feel in terms of blade feel? Similar to the .68?

Interestingly the .95 and DC are availability through UK vendors now but not the .72.

Goodfellas in Italy had the .72, but now sold out. I got mine forwarded via Shipito from the US.

I would rate this razor as classic daily driver territory. Similar to the Karve C and perhaps a smidgen less efficient than the Gamechanger .84. I've now had 3 drama free shaves so far and had a good close DFS+ in each instance. A slightly steeper angle than usual is required, but its very intuitive to find. I'm using a RR Radio Knob handle purchased at the same time and the balance seems fine. Finishing is on a par with the GC

Goodfellas in Italy had the .72, but now sold out. I got mine forwarded via Shipito from the US.

I would rate this razor as classic daily driver territory. Similar to the Karve C and perhaps a smidgen less efficient than the Gamechanger .84. I've now had 3 drama free shaves so far and had a good close DFS+ in each instance. A slightly steeper angle than usual is required, but its very intuitive to find. I'm using a RR Radio Knob handle purchased at the same time and the balance seems fine. Finishing is on a par with the GC
Thanks Sean. I think I'd prefer the 72 over the 95. I managed to get the original DLC version a few weeks ago and should probably give that a go first before buying any more razors though!!

Top Bottom