RazoRock Mamba 70 Vs Dscosmetics T7

Dscosmetics have recently released two stainless steel heads: a Mamba 70 clone called the T7 and an R41 clone called the Z0. Obviously, I've ordered both of them.

My T7 arrived just two weeks ago. I've also got the Mamba 70. Haven't used either of them but testing them will give me something to do over Christmas. I bought my T7 with the Destroyer handle.

Initial comparison with the RazoRock suggests the T7 has better tolerances and the finish is also much better, although there is an annoying burr on the handle:

IMG_20201127_194129.jpg
Above: Mamba left, T7 right
IMG_20201127_194143.jpg

I'll get this started by using the Mamba 70 tonight.

There was a good review of the SS R41 on B&B

IMG_20201201_150649.jpg

Razor: RazoRock Mamba 70
Blade: Supermax BD Platinum (1)
Brush: FS 24mm G4
Soap: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum CK6
Pre: Proraso Wood & Spice
ASL: Floïd Suave
ASB: Proraso Blue

That was a really comfortable shave. 3 passes for a DFS+ and no feedback from the splash. I can see why there's a lot of love for these razors - on first impression, it seems it could make a good daily driver.

Awesome lather from the PAA. Not my favourite of the scents but it will stay in the den.

I've got the T7 loaded with the same blade type. I may alternate between them to aide the test.

There was a good review of the SS R41 on B&B

That was interesting - my shave with the Z0 doesn't bode well, does it. That's assuming I ever get it. It left Atherstone yesterday and has spent the day at Cardiff mail centre. Wrong country and I can't see it making its own way across the Bristol Channel.

That was interesting - my shave with the Z0 doesn't bode well, does it. That's assuming I ever get it. It left Atherstone yesterday and has spent the day at Cardiff mail centre. Wrong country and I can't see it making its own way across the Bristol Channel.
Might be worth trying it out with a different top cap, too - I'll try it out with the Karve top cap I have when my Z0 arrives, as well as with a few other ones.
I've been using my R41 baseplate with the Yaqi DOC top cap and it works quite well, much smoother for me than the stock top cap. Probably because it clamps the blade closer to the blade edge now.

IMG_20201203_140629.jpg

Razor: Dscosmetic Z0 (316L R41 Clone) & Dscosmetic T7
Blade: Supermax BD Platinum (1)
Brush: AP Shave Cashmere 24mm
Soap: Cella
Pre: Proraso Red
ASL: Floïd Suave

I changed tactic today and opted to give the Z0 a try which arrived yesterday. Good god - that's an assertive razor! I bottled it and switched to the T7 which proved itself a nice smooth razor. I'm tempted to say the Mamba felt a little smoother but I used a different soap so that's not a fair claim. The test continues!

The Z0 is going on the BST at a bargain price for those of you who like blade forward razors.

IMG_20201205_075015.jpg

Razor: RazoRock Mamba 70
Blade: Supermax BD Platinum (2)
Brush: Yaqi Silvertip
Soap: OSP Old Gold
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: Old Spice

Another fine shave with the Mamba. This is a very easy razor to shave with. Two passes for a DFS and so comfortable to use. I think the Blue Diamond Platinum pairs very well with it.

I wasn't sure what to make of the Old Gold when smelling it from the tub. I could get a background note of tallow which I find a real turn off. However, once lathered, the scent exploded and it was an olfactory joy. Excellent performance as well. Definitely a keeper.

IMG_20201206_191525.jpg

Razor: Dscosmetic T7
Blade: Supermax BD Platinum (2)
Brush: Yaqi Silvertip
Soap: OSP Old Gold
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: Osma Alum - don't want to incur the wrath of Mrs Boycie83 by going to bed smelling of Old Spice!

Second use of the T7 and this followed yesterday's use of the Mamba 70 with the same setup. I'm convinced the heads are the same. This shave was also very comfortable and smooth. A DFS from 3 passes and no feedback from the alum. I don't think one of the heads is better than the other. As per the Mamba, the Blue Diamond Platinum pairs very well with this head.

The Mamba is going to stay in the den. Why that one? I'm not sure, it's just the one I've settled on. I would sell the T7 but the Z0 didn't shift on the BST the other day so I'm going to put it in my storage box.

Back
Top Bottom