Rate The Last Film You Watched

Legend

(Please note that my review is for the 2015 film about the Kray twins and not the Tom Cruise film from the mid 1980s)......

It is a good film, but flawed. Tom Hardy plays both Kray twins, but I didn't like the way that he portrayed Ronnie. He played the part of Reggie seriously, but he played Ronnie as some kind of one-liner-cracking comedy figure. I didn't like that at all, as I thought that he lacked the menace required to play someone like that. The film also plays fast and loose with the facts, and is extremely inaccurate and all over the place. Other than that, I enjoyed the film. I give it 7/10.

Was really looking forward to this one.
Seen the trailer a good few weeks ago and decided to watch it today.
Absolute Gash.
Well maybe not that bad but certainly not a movie i’ll ever want to watch again.
Very disappointing considering the hype.
5/10
466CCFEC-F25F-4CB0-9A8D-9FC01DA1A122.jpeg

I went to see this in London recently. I saw it advertised on the side of a bus as being ”a modern day Gladiator” Utter rubbish! I fell asleep halfway through it and woke up 20 minutes from the end. The best part of the film for me were the end credits

Haven't seen it but any bloke swaggering about with axes and a dead pig is probably good to give a wide berth to. Call me old fashioned...
If we do go to the cinema its her indoors that chooses, so I'm probably safe.

Legend

(Please note that my review is for the 2015 film about the Kray twins and not the Tom Cruise film from the mid 1980s)......

It is a good film, but flawed. Tom Hardy plays both Kray twins, but I didn't like the way that he portrayed Ronnie. He played the part of Reggie seriously, but he played Ronnie as some kind of one-liner-cracking comedy figure. I didn't like that at all, as I thought that he lacked the menace required to play someone like that. The film also plays fast and loose with the facts, and is extremely inaccurate and all over the place. Other than that, I enjoyed the film. I give it 7/10.
Never look at a film for historical accuracy, actually never look at any single source for historical accuracy. But films in particular are for entertainment,

I went to see this in London recently. I saw it advertised on the side of a bus as being ”a modern day Gladiator” Utter rubbish! I fell asleep halfway through it and woke up 20 minutes from the end. The best part of the film for me were the end credits
100% agree although i was surprised by the mention of the Orkneys although you might have been sleeping at that point :D

The Inbetweeners Movie (2011)

I first saw this at the cinema when it was originally released, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I watched it again recently and enjoyed it all over again. It's just as funny as the series, in my humble opinion, and it's much better than the awful sequel which followed in 2014. Very crude, but also very funny. I give it a solid 10/10.

Licence To Kill (1989)

I recently bought a complete boxset with all of the James Bond films from Dr. No to SPECTRE. I am slowly working my way through all of the films, but not in any particular order. Licence To Kill was released in 1989, and was Timothy Dalton's second and last Bond film. It is probably the most violent of the entire Bond film series, but it is also one of my favourites. I enjoyed it again immensely, and I give it a solid 10/10.

Reactions: PHR
Dracula (1958)

I fancied a bit of classic Hammer Horror, so I watched this again. It was Hammer's first, and in my opinion best, Dracula film. Christopher Lee plays Dracula, even though he's hardly in the film, so it is pretty much Peter Cushing's film, as he plays vampire hunter Van Helsing. The film is one of my favourite horror films of all time. I watched the 2013 restored version, which includes material that was previously cut by the BBFC back in 1958. It looks very tame now, though, hence the 12 certificate, but I still enjoyed it immensely again. It's a solid 10/10 from me.

Jaws (1975)

I watched this again last night. I enjoyed it immensely, even though I had already seen it countless times before. It used to be one of my favourite films when I was younger. It still has the power to scare the crap out of you. I could never understand how the hell this film got away with a PG certificate on video. It's probably my favourite Spielberg film after the Indiana Jones films. I give it another solid 10/10. They just don't make 'em like this anymore.

Jaws 2 (1978)

I bought a boxset of the Jaws sequels recently and am slowly working my way through them. Last night, I watched Jaws 2. I hadn't seen it for years. It's watchable, but it isn't a patch on the original. There are long, boring stretches of the film where nothing much happens, and the shark is absent for most of the film. It is also nowhere near as scary as the first film, but then it never could be. It'll probably be years before I watch it again, if at all. I give it 5/10.

Jaws 3 (1983)

I remember first seeing this at the cinema back in '83. It was in 3D back then, and it was the first 3D film that I ever saw, so it was special to me. I know that a lot of people don't like this film, but I have always quite enjoyed it. It's no classic, though, but it's watchable if there's nothing else that you want to see. As I said, it's always been a "guilty pleasure" of mine. I give it 5/10. I think that's fair.

Jaws The Revenge (1987)

Yes, I know that it's crap, but I merely wanted to finish off my Jaws boxset. I wish that I hadn't bothered with this one, though. It is truly awful in every way possible. This is widely regarded as one of the worst sequels ever, and I completely agree with that. Michael Caine must have been hard-up to agree to doing this film. It is an insult to the rest of the Jaws series. I give it the lowest possible score, which is 1/10. Even Jaws 3 is better than this. Pure crap.

Back
Top Bottom