Rate The Last Film You Watched

Watched the Beastie Boys Story yesterday. AMAZING! I loved it! Funny, cool, and very emotional on several levels for myself.

I lost my best mate last October (he was 51, the same age as myself and we’d been best mates for 45 years). He/we loved the Beastie Boys and we saw them live three times over the years. This brought back lots of memories and it hit hard when they talked about MCA/Adam Yauch too.

Highly recommended. Try to get a free trial (that’s what I did).

Summer of Soul - watched on Channel 4 last night. It's also on their catch-up service.

Must confess, not a film or a festival I have heard of before. Like your documentaries, like your music - this is a very good watch. I wish I knew of the story sooner.

The Bishop's Wife (1947)
I've never been aware of this film, but Mrs Isaiah has always been on at me to watch it. It was on TV this morning so gave it a watch, and I have to say it was utterly fantastic.
Cary Grant, Loretta Young and David Niven are wonderful in it. David Niven playing a bishop trying to raise money for a cathedral and prays for help. An angel called Dudley in the form of Cary Grant comes down to help matters and lives.
Got to be one of the best Christmas films I've seen. It came out a year after it's a wonderful life and has similar themes, however Ive never liked wonderful life, this though is just beautiful. If you haven't seen it, give it a watch. Tis the season x
IMG_20231222_174258.jpg

The Bishop's Wife (1947)
I've never been aware of this film, but Mrs Isaiah has always been on at me to watch it. It was on TV this morning so gave it a watch, and I have to say it was utterly fantastic.
Cary Grant, Loretta Young and David Niven are wonderful in it. David Niven playing a bishop trying to raise money for a cathedral and prays for help. An angel called Dudley in the form of Cary Grant comes down to help matters and lives.
Got to be one of the best Christmas films I've seen. It came out a year after it's a wonderful life and has similar themes, however Ive never liked wonderful life, this though is just beautiful. If you haven't seen it, give it a watch. Tis the season x
View attachment 114837

I have seen it before but that didn't stop me enjoying it again. Great film

The Bishop's Wife (1947)
View attachment 114837
I watched this tonight and said to the wife don't let the black and white movie fool you.
We both thoroughly enjoyed it.
Merry Christmas all.

The Bishop's Wife (1947)
View attachment 114837
Just finished watching The Bishops Wife. Until I read this thread, I had never heard of it. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I will try and remember to watch next Xmas. Thanks guys

My final festive film for this season......Have always watched Trading Places on New Year's Eve. Without doubt one of my favourite films, and Dan Ackroyd as Santa is utterly wonderful. Eating salmon through his cheap nasty beard is a delight. For your pleasure......

Back
Top Bottom