Rapira

G

I've just had a couple of shaves with this blade, the one from bestshave, I received with an order, not too impressed. It didn't tug or anything, it just felt a little blunt. I think I'll try it in a different razor to see if that makes a difference. I really wanted to like this blade because they are so cheap. The Derbys I got with my razor felt better.

Anyone else tried these?

I have tried nearly 60 blades and these are my favourites. Very Sharp, no tugging. Smooth although not for the first pass. Last about 4 shaves comfortably. Circa £7 per 100 delivered. But I found they were poorer in my Tech and worked better in my merkur 38 and EJ89.

Good blades. I know YMMV but surprised you consider Derby's better. What razor? Try a different razor and a fresh blade. They are worth working on.

I tried it in my EJDE89L, it may be because the last blade I used was a Perma Sharp which was absolutely fantastic. I had about 5 shaves and it was still fine, but I changed it to try the Rapira.

I have Progress that I'll pop it into.

Personally - blunt is the last word that comes to mind about Rapiras. They are pretty sharp, but not too smooth. Sputniks are much better in that regard - currently my favourites after Feathers, try those. But, I also think performance may vary from razor to razor - I'm a DE89L user, but sometimes use grampas' single ring (one on the avatar), and Sputniks, again, worked like a charm in that one.

I use the same EJ. I've got quite a heavish stubble. I find the perma sharp to be absolutely fantastic. I'll keep sampling others, but the PS are definitely the blade of choice. Just hear the hair cutting and don't feel a thing.

Back
Top Bottom