random thoughts and questions - all things shaving

Bargain Toggle here for you:

I seen one recently that was over a grand
was in absolute mint condition but still no chance for me.
i don’t mind paying over the odds slightly but as i’m not a collector i wouldn’t pay it.

Just think, you could have had the 2021 Rocnel Sailor that sold on Fleabay today for a mere £600. If you missed it, there's another, with stand, for a mere £690. Leave all that old antique stuff behind, and get with a new whizzy stainless adjustable, which I think is probably more scarce than any Toggle.

Yea I do fancy getting a fatboy and toggle but not sure that the shave will be that different from the slim and black beauty and another thing is the cost, not sure how many years they've been like going for that much but seems a bit high to me imho
Hi Saj,
You seem to be in danger of falling down a lot of rabbit holes, thinking of Shavettes etc and now these.

Just think, you could have had the 2021 Rocnel Sailor that sold on Fleabay today for a mere £600. If you missed it, there's another, with stand, for a mere £690. Leave all that old antique stuff behind, and get with a new whizzy stainless adjustable, which I think is probably more scarce than any Toggle.
Iv got all the latest razors i hope i’ll ever buy
a few good vintages i think i’ll be done.
These new razors don’t necessarily shave any better

just a quick one guys, how do I go around tightening my dovo shavette? seems a bit loose when it's open doesn't stay in place

so I was wondering with de blades there's loads of brands out there but why are there like only so many of them that offer pre cut SE blades?

@saj1985 My guess is that it's brands that have a strong presence with professional Barbers that continue to generate demand for halved DE blades for their shaper razors. Turkish Barbers are the first that come to mind, hence Derby & PermaSharp. Lord from Egypt, Treet from Pakistan and SuperMax from India. Vertice, too (also from India) producing EuroMax. Those brands have strong market presence in those regions.

Demand ... they're not making them that way for fun!

Back
Top Bottom