random thoughts and questions - all things shaving

I'm not surprised! It goes for fifty quid a bottle on Ebay these days. Fifty quid back when Hai Karate was still available would have been a weeks wages.

Plus who wants a smelly limousine? (maybe Valerie thingy who was in the advert?)

I don't get amazon links due to ad block. Can you give other link.
Just type in atomiser in on amazon and you'll find it

Off the top of my head I got the amazon recommended one 5x 6ml for £6.99 includes delivery if you got prime

I've never tried it Saj, all mine are full of Burberry Touch and I have none with Tabac. I dare say the only way you'd do it is to either pour it into an atomiser and then pump it in, or use a syringe (no needle).
Can you open these atomisers up do you know?

I seen the different ones for sale where you get a funnel and top them up that way but this seems more convenient in for eau de toilettes

I don't think the ones I have will open. You have to squirt it in through a membrane with a hole in the bottom end. I do have another one which you take the bottom off and could drizzle Tabac or anything with a flow restrictor instead of a spray pump type (you can also spray it in the hole). In fact I forgot I had that until you said. It is slightly fatter. Let me see if I can find it and take a pic.

I don't think the ones I have will open. You have to squirt it in through a membrane with a hole in the bottom end. I do have another one which you take the bottom off and could drizzle Tabac or anything with a flow restrictor instead of a spray pump type (you can also spray it in the hole). In fact I forgot I had that until you said. It is slightly fatter. Let me see if I can find it and take a pic.
Yea cool would be nice to see

I did see this pack of atomisers, different ones with different size but thought it was an overkill as I don't need so many

13 Pcs Refillable Perfume Atomiser Portable Spray Bottles Aftershave 5ml 10ml 12ml Travel emulsion Sub-bottles Aluminum Glasses with Funnel Pump and Pipette random color

any of you content and settled with one razor for good?

feeling content with the Rockwell 6s just after one use and I'm surprised tbh lool

Only thing is I feel like getting into kamisoris, straights and shavettes now lool

That's gonna empty your wallet. I keep thinking DE wise I'm content with my Tech, and I am but kinda want to try a Fatboy. Straight razors however come with all the strops, stones, pastes and associated paraphernalia that you naively think you'll not bother with when you start. It goes like this: "I'll get a shave ready straight from one of the recommended ebay sellers, and send it back for honing". Then you think "if I'm gonna send one away I need n+1". Then you think "of course I need a strop, I'll start with a paddle". Then you think "ah but it's not the same as a traditional hanging strop". Then you decide you need another one for using with CrOx. In between times, you start wondering whether a square point would give you a better definition round the edges. Then you realise all your razors have black scales and Russ just posted a pic of his Filly, and before you know it, you're ankle deep in various kinds of straight razors, leather, balsa, paste, styptic pens, and are considering spending your entire holiday budget on some old rock from Japan.

Its not so much a rabbit hole, more like that bottomless pit of fire that Ayesha (the original SWMBO) had people thrown into, in the H Rider Haggard novel (or the dramatisation I saw of it on telly decades ago).

Last edited:
Forget about Shavettes, unless you want the Prussian scarred officer look. Even shifters with cabinet blades are difficult to master. Feather AC, Kai or generic clones are very easy to learn. I would get a Luffy clone off AliExpress and Feather blades are not expensive on eBay or from Connaught. I have shaved with shave ready straights, but haven't gotten around to to stropping on my leather strop. It's high maintenance to be sure.

Now SE rasors are fun....

might use the proraso shaving foam, just wondering how do you guys apply shaving foam?

Straight on the face with hands or onto a brush then onto the skin?

That's gonna empty your wallet. I keep thinking DE wise I'm content with my Tech, and I am but kinda want to try a Fatboy. Straight razors however come with all the strops, stones, pastes and associated paraphernalia that you naively think you'll not bother with when you start. It goes like this: "I'll get a shave ready straight from one of the recommended ebay sellers, and send it back for honing". Then you think "if I'm gonna send one away I need n+1". Then you think "of course I need a strop, I'll start with a paddle". Then you think "ah but it's not the same as a traditional hanging strop". Then you decide you need another one for using with CrOx. In between times, you start wondering whether a square point would give you a better definition round the edges. Then you realise all your razors have black scales and Russ just posted a pic of his Filly, and before you know it, you're ankle deep in various kinds of straight razors, leather, balsa, paste, styptic pens, and are considering spending your entire holiday budget on some old rock from Japan.

Its not so much a rabbit hole, more like that bottomless pit of fire that Ayesha (the original SWMBO) had people thrown into, in the H Rider Haggard novel (or the dramatisation I saw of it on telly decades ago).
Yea I do fancy getting a fatboy and toggle but not sure that the shave will be that different from the slim and black beauty and another thing is the cost, not sure how many years they've been like going for that much but seems a bit high to me imho

Yea I do fancy getting a fatboy and toggle but not sure that the shave will be that different from the slim and black beauty and another thing is the cost, not sure how many years they've been like going for that much but seems a bit high to me imho
Bargain Toggle here for you:

Back
Top Bottom