random thoughts and questions - all things shaving

grabbed this from savers for like £3,

basically a shave towel, thought I'd rab it and try it out next shave, not quite sure how to describe the material, it's spongy but reminds me of bit like a mouse mat lool

IMG_20211116_173142.jpgIMG_20211116_173158.jpgIMG_20211116_175423.jpg

anyone got a 360 mirror? thinking about getting it because sometimes i have to ask the mrs if ive missed a bit etc
loads of peple who cut their own hair seem to have been buying these especially since covid kicked in and a lot fo the barbers were closed

the ones im looking at have led lights hich charge through usb c, so your mobile phone charger,
obviously theres some without the led which are cheaper but i think the led will be very handy feature

these are a couple im eyeing up, anyone got one or any suggestions? any help would be appreciate thanks saj

i need a few shaving brush holders, anyone recommend any half decent cheap ones?

was thinking of grabbing this

i need a few shaving brush holders, anyone recommend any half decent cheap ones?

was thinking of grabbing this

Not what I would call cheap but I'm loving this one as it doubles up to hold a razor as well, alpha stand, roughly £16 but you could easily make it yourself
PicsArt_11-17-12.56.54.jpg

for anyone who's tried it out,

I'm curious how does the gillette toggle compare to the fatboy, slim and black beauty?

anyone got or used the merkur vision adjustable?

How does it compare to the future?

Looks like a cool de razor

Always wanted a schick adjustable injector razor, how aggressive are they say compared to a Gillette slim on setting 9?

Those Schick adjustables look sick

well i had my first hair cut in about a month and a week or so
and believe it or not i use hair clippers and the electric shaver,
tbh just cba with anything just wanted to get it done but i enjoyed the fact that there wasnt any nicks, weepers or irritation afteer which was nice tbf

Got one of these shaving towels from savers (UK shop) few months back for a few quid and forgot I had it

Finally shaved my hair off after months without using a razor, just been using clippers or electric shavers

Anyways so I tried this out and was amazed at how nice the sponge feels,
you know normally even with a decent towel when you push it against the grain on your head it can cause a bit of irritation, well with this spongey towel you get none of that!

just rinsed the ramer sponge in hot water prior shave and rubbed against the head and then after the shave just rinsed with cold water and used it once again, honestly felt nice and soothing

Not heard of it before but a quick Google search and it seems to be used as a baby towel, that would explain why it's made to be smooth and sooth for babies

Just a quick heads up guys so I got this witch hazel and tea tree blemish stick from poundland (UK) think for like £1.50 or something like that, anyways it's really good, and Ive found it helps sooth any irritable areas with ease quite quickly too

#6 is poundlands own brand, I seen they were selling aftershave balms too

IMG_20220210_115517.jpg

IMG_20220210_115445.jpg

It seems that boots sell it too but cost 3x the one in poundland never used the boots one so no idea if it's better in any way to justify the price tag

finally ordered a razor after some time lol

what's the longest you've gone between buying razors? Regardless to de/se etc

@Mike Smart any luck with getting any more slant razors?

although havent used the forums a lot recently, i remember you looking for slant razors,
think you were after the pheonix slant razors

tbh i like slant razors i think they look cool but in terms of shaving i havent noticed a difference

ive currently got off the top of my head the fatip oc slant piccolo and the merkur 39c,
think i also got a ikon slant but thats soooo mild, really crap only thing i like is the stainless steel handle it came with lool

Back
Top Bottom