random thoughts and questions - all things shaving

A shaving thought: Wish I had started wet shaving when my dad was still around. Would have been nice to chat to him about his experiences. When I was a kid I recall him using Imperial Leather hand soap and lathering it with a brush. I often wonder which razor he used.
My Grandpa was the only wet shaver in my family. He was a real old school character like many of that generation.
He used Gillette DE razors all his life ( 3 piece ...... he'd never shell out the cash for an adjustable ! ) and he would drag every ounce of life from a blade before binning it. He would use the cheapest blades, soaps, gels and foams that he could find. Screw how good the shave was.
Never got to share my own wet shaving interest with him sadly as I took it up more than 10 years after he passed away. It really makes me laugh
though when I think of how he'd react if he was around today.
He'd give me such a hard time for having all this shaving stuff and for the money I spend but secretly he'd be in his element trying everything out.
I can just picture him filtering his way through my soaps and aftershaves and picking out razors and blades for himself.
That would have been hilarious to watch. Top man !

Tbh I never had any male role model in my life as my father passed away when I was young so shaving was something I learnt myself going to barbers, and just sort of learning as you go along, a lot of mistakes but looking back I wouldn't change anything as it's made me who I am today

My Father grew a beard when he retired from the Royal Engineers. Prior to that he used a Schick Injector type L. He bought the cheapest shaving foam, and aftershave was always Old Spice or occasionally Blue Stratos. Before joining the military, he had been an office boy/salesman for the company that made Old Spice in the 50's. He has provided no guidance on shaving what so ever. However, he is an expert on Old Spice...

My dad only tells me what not to do, or demonstrates. Probably why when I acquired his cast off old 80s Braun foil shaver, I figured I could do better with carts and goop.
This. My Dad used a beat-up, 1960's, mains powered Remington (?) electric shaver for years and years - i don't recall him ever changing the foil, but even he must have done this at some time

I've got a couple of these ( from ebay I think ). Decent sprayer, easy fill and I've had no issues with leakage. Really handy for travel.
is there any tricks to fill up the aftershaves which dont have the nozzle spray lid thing?

they look good especially if youre going to be travelling and dont want to take the whole aftershave bottle

Find a small piece of thin plastic flexible film, then roll it up from one corner to make a cone and hold it together with a piece of tape.

Then you have a tiny funnel for filling things like this.
good idea, will try it out

is there any tricks to fill up the aftershaves which dont have the nozzle spray lid thing?

they look good especially if youre going to be travelling and dont want to take the whole aftershave bottle
This style of travel sprayer requires the pressure and atomiser from the original fragrance bottle in order to fill it.
I've attached a photo showing how to fill it. Hope this helps.

images.jpg

This style of travel sprayer requires the pressure and atomiser from the original fragrance bottle in order to fill it.
I've attached a photo showing how to fill it. Hope this helps.

View attachment 78772
Yea mate I get that but what I meant is if there's a way to fill it up straight from an aftershave bottle which don't have the spray nozzle attached
if there's

Sorry @saj1985. No facility to open it and simply pour fluid in.
I realised after purchasing one of these that it was going to be a PIA to fill it with anything contained in open top bottles.
Its possible that you could piss about decanting from bottle to bottle and then try filling it but I ended up just buying another atomiser that can be filled by pouring fluid into it.

Like this below, but use some sort of water resistant paper or thin plastic

for those of who're into manscaping don't you find it a bit strange and surreal that when you shave your bits and bobs you can use any de blade and it works but on your face/head it's a different ball game where you find certain blades work better then others?

I mean it's just weird as your bits and bobs are more sensitive then your face and head

yes it's a random thing I just posted but that's what this thread is all about lol

Back
Top Bottom