Question for Streamline Users

I've had mine for about two weeks now. No one can deny it's a beautiful and well made piece of kit. However, it's certainly not the easiest thing to get to grips with. At first it seemed to be shaving off more skin than stubble.

I've found that, if I position the head flat to my face and take it very, very, very slowly I get a great shave. Of course, zero pressure is essential.

However, it's hardly a relaxing experience. I feel like I'm in constant danger of slicing my face. This is from someone comfortable using aggressive SEs like the open comb Micromatic, 1914 etc.

So, any advice on getting the best out of the Streamline?[/align]

Well I have also used the Streamline after using the 1912 and found it a less than rewarding shave. Having said that I then used an O/C Gem Micromatic which is now the only razor I use. I think that says it all.
Regards,
Pete
ps sold the Streamline to Hax !!!!

I find that I need to work the Streamline quite a lot and have never felt in danger of slicing myself. To get a completely BBS shave, I actually need to apply pressure. That said, I've only used it a few times - will give it another run in a wee while.

Could it be that your blade isn't sitting properly?

Edit: as for the head angle, mine is always fairly flat to my face when using it.

Hax said:
Could it be that your blade isn't sitting properly?

Edit: as for the head angle, mine is always fairly flat to my face when using it.

The blade is pushed right into the recess behind the teeth. I can't see any other way to mount it. Does that sound right to you?

man of leisure said:
Well I have also used the Streamline after using the 1912 and found it a less than rewarding shave. Having said that I then used an O/C Gem Micromatic which is now the only razor I use. I think that says it all.
Regards,
Pete

Erm, just remembered, didn't you start a thread about how good the Streamline was to shave with?

(I'm probably being a wind-up merchant now)

Drroly said:
man of leisure said:
Regards,
Pete

Erm, just remembered, didn't you start a thread about how good the Streamline was to shave with?

(I'm probably being a wind-up merchant now)

Yip I am sure he did. Was there not one about the 1912 as well.

Back
Top Bottom