Question about Badger brushes.

Hi all,

As an experienced DE shaver, I have two questions that I just need to check out with you guys.

I have a Omega Puro Tasso, which albeit I havent used much have started to rotate it in my shaves.

I've noticed the a couple of the hairs seen to come away per shave, no serious amount or clumps. I wondered whether anyone else had an issue like that?

Or is it as a new brush these things happen (it's been a long time since I've broken in such a badger brush). I tend to mainly use synthetic now.

I dont want to sound overly critical of the make (it is a nice brush) just not sure of the loose hair?

Any comments or suggestions welcome.

Enjoy your shaves, thanks Mark

Synths all the way for me. Tried badger and boar and I got fed up with shedding bristles and unpredictable performance. With synths:

No need to soak beforehand;
Negligible bristle loss (subject to quality);
Consistently good lather;
Dry in no time; and
No hogs or badgers suffer.

My own point of view, you understand. But, seriously, what's to lose?

Synths all the way for me. Tried badger and boar and I got fed up with shedding bristles and unpredictable performance. With synths:

No need to soak beforehand;
Negligible bristle loss (subject to quality);
Consistently good lather;
Dry in no time; and
No hogs or badgers suffer.

My own point of view, you understand. But, seriously, what's to lose?
Absolutely, it will be synths all the way for me from now on. They have improved no end!!

This morning my Shavemac silvertip lost 15+ hairs all of a sudden. its only a few months old, and doesnt have a history of loosing many hairs... :(

Back
Top Bottom