Query: Goodfella's Open-Comb, 3-Piece D-E Razors

Has anyone here used/owned one of these?

I haven't seen one getting sold/traded in the time I've been around here & the very fringes of B&B. I think they look quite snazzy (especially the black finish); the small production and hand-crafting elements pique my interest and I would like to know more - similarly. so does the 'individual number' and lifetime guarantee blurb. All added together they seem like they could well be worth the seemingly-high price tag some B&B'ers were whining about.

Doing some rough numbers in my non-maths brain, it now seems to be cheaper to get this directly from the manufacturer's in NZ, then to buy from West Coast Razors and have it shipped to the UK. ... hmmm ... £54 base price less 12.5%, plus almost £10 shipping over approximately 10 days waiting time for the beast.

If only I wasn't so close to being 'indigent' these days.

The reviews of this razor ive found seem slightly mixed tho mostly positive.
It seems to be a decent enough shaver, but it is small compared to a Merkur or even a SS.

Biggest issue seems to be the Price , which is indeed a bit pricey for what it is IMHO - (tho its assumed this is mostly due to them being a start up company manufacturing directly in NZ) -

That said, there's not enough positive feedback to encourage me to spend that much on a still relatively unknown razor.

Only review I've seen commented on the smooth handle being kinda slippy in use. Apart from that there was just the usual surprise expressed at the cost.
JohnnyO.

Back
Top Bottom