QED shaving stick

anyone used one? how much of an issue was it getting it? i had a brief look and it looks like they are not to interested in markets outside CONUS

i like the sound of the pepermint stick, but there are some other intersting "flavours" there!

steve

just had a reply, a minimum of 25 bucks order for shipping to the uk. oh well i'll wait till its my birthday and order a couple of sticks
steve

stevec said:
anyone used one? how much of an issue was it getting it? i had a brief look and it looks like they are not to interested in markets outside CONUS

i like the sound of the pepermint stick, but there are some other intersting "flavours" there!

steve

Hi there,

The QED soaps have been in my rotation for about five years or so. When I went through my 'lime' phase years ago I used it and still have the sandalwood in my arsenal. Yeah, that's one soap I still like having around. Funny you should mention the peppermint...I have a small amount left from years ago when I bought a tub. Heh, it's a little too overwhelming for me to keep on my face while shaving.....almost makes my eyes water. If you like, use the pm feature and send me your mailing address and you can have the stuff on the house.

Yeah, Charles sells soaps that are known for an extreme amount of EOs being used. The fragrances are intense, which can be a good thing. Other times it can be a little distracting, at least for me.

His soaps are almost all essential oil based, with maybe 1-2 rare exceptions. One of these fragrance oil based soaps is 'Wild Rose', which is almost never available for sale except for a special group buy. This stuff is nuts when it comes to the scent sticking around after the shave,

The QED soaps are extremely easy to lather and the performance is better than most other small batch products. No, it doesn't beat Sharon's stuff, but it's still a nice product. This QED soap can be melted if needed.

If you guys wanna try a really deep sandalwood soap, this would be the one. Problem is that he doesn't have it for sale most of the time. You gotta hit him at the right time. He also will make this for special group buys on occasion.

All in all, a fun product to use,

Martin

Oh yeah, living near Chicago makes it easy for me to order when I need to.

hi martin, thanks for your very kind offer, it doesn't seem right for you to post it over here for free. i have some nanny's stuff on the way which includes a spearmint sample. i'll see how i go with that first i think.
there is an excellent vibe to this forum.

cheers
steve

Back
Top Bottom