Pure badger brush advice.

Having read a lot about how fantastic a bager brush is I was having a look around and saw some pure badger ones for about £15. (Edwin Jagger and Vulfix).

Is this too cheap for a genuine badger experience?

Would it be advisable to save my 'hard earned' for a few month to buy a more expensive one.

Any advice would be welcome.

Pure badger is normally quite prickly and the cheaper brushes can be very loosley filled so not dense at all. If I had to say I would say get one of fido new forrest brushes(If he has any left) well worth the twenty quid more than the ones you are looking at.

The New Forest brush is a great option,but if you are on a tight budget the Vulfix 404 mixed boar and badger performs much better than any of the pure or best badger hair shaving brushes that I own and its simply a fantastic brush,suitable for creams,soaps,facelathering,bowlathering ....
You can find it at diamond edge for 12 pounds (including shipping).

Both Simpsons B series and TGN Pure are slight prick to the touch dry but when lathered you don't even feel it. Well at least I didn't and I have sensitive skin. But this might affect you differently. Give it a try and stick with it for a while then upgrade when you see fit.

SiR-ed8 said:
Both Simpsons B series and TGN Pure are slight prick to the touch dry but when lathered you don't even feel it. Well at least I didn't and I have sensitive skin. But this might affect you differently. Give it a try and stick with it for a while then upgrade when you see fit.

I have just used a TGN Pure knot in an old handle and I agree with the above comment. I have various superior grades of badger brushes but am finding myself reaching for this brush more often than not.

SiR-ed8 said:
What kind of handle is it? Any pics?

Pure was exfoliating. At least the B4 for me was along with TGN/Penworks.

Few pics posted here:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5761" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5761</a><!-- l -->

Back
Top Bottom