Proshave S AC type blades

I have just recently joined the AC blades world so cautiously only used the Feathers Pro Guards. One blade gives me 3 good shaves with a push 4 if I can put up with the tugging. (using an Yaqi Excalibur currently)
So for me Proshave S would make a much better choice cost wise even with your early findings @culcreuch
Thanks.

Will keep watching here and see other opinions/impressions whilst going through the rest of my Pro Guards

Made by NIPPON RIKI KOGYO Co., LTD in Japan. They appear to only supply the domestic market in Japan. I found them to be very smooth, slightly less sharp than Feather Professional blades.
These were previously branded as the Kamisori brand.

Used one for the first time in my ATT X1 today. The X1 has performed flawlessly with the Schick Proline and Feather Pro blades. Today's shave was quite rough on the first pass but smoothed out by the second. I'm not overly enamoured with the Proshaves based on first impression but we'll see how it goes over the next few shaves.

These were previously branded as the Kamisori brand.
That's interesting. I feel there must have been some change, and not just of branding. I always found Kamisoris to be good blades but their first two or three shaves were quite rough. My first two Proshave shaves have been unusually smooth.

Just 3 to 4? I usually get around 7+ good shaves and then another 5 or so acceptable from most AC blades. They tend to be off the boil by 12 to 15.
My thoughts exactly. I was dissapointed in the endurance of these blades. Particularly reading the experience of other like yours @Satanfriendly with more than 7 shaves per blade.
For me first shave they feel almost too sharp (always end up with couple of weepers), second and third perfect smooth shaves and then it all goes down hill from the fourth one.
I even tried stropping the blade on a razorpit but that made the blade totally unusable and had to ditch it.
It maybe be just me and technique? I only started using SE razors a month or so.
But definitely given how much they cost I would like to get more out of them. Anyways they're still better than the feather FHS-10 in the oneblade which were realistically good for only one shave.

My thoughts exactly. I was dissapointed in the endurance of these blades. Particularly reading the experience of other like yours @Satanfriendly with more than 7 shaves per blade.
For me first shave they feel almost too sharp (always end up with couple of weepers), second and third perfect smooth shaves and then it all goes down hill from the fourth one.
I even tried stropping the blade on a razorpit but that made the blade totally unusable and had to ditch it.
It maybe be just me and technique? I only started using SE razors a month or so.
But definitely given how much they cost I would like to get more out of them. Anyways they're still better than the feather FHS-10 in the oneblade which were realistically good for only one shave.

Likewise the first shave is always a cautious move. After that always seems uphill. I never really count the shaves a blade gives but they just seem to go on until boredom sets in. And they get rough of course. My favorite blade for lasting are the Kai Captains, but I just prefer the Super Professionals.

Those One Blade things are dreadful for longevity. An amazing razor which gives amazing results but just doesn't equate to having value.

My first use of a Proshave S blade today.
In the Hawk V3 (A pate) it was smooth from the first stroke, a fair bit smoother than a fresh Proline P .
It will be interesting to see if it remains smooth and how long for.
At 42 1/2 pence per blade they seem to be good value

Another disappointing shave with the Proshave S. I've chucked the blade and will use a new one to make sure it's not a duffer.

Why did I buy 72 of them? Why couldn't I just have bought 24 like a normal person....

And then you will tell us how great they are and sell them to the unsuspecting at an inflated price

But it is only business

Another disappointing shave with the Proshave S. I've chucked the blade and will use a new one to make sure it's not a duffer.

Why did I buy 72 of them? Why couldn't I just have bought 24 like a normal person....
I too bought 72 of them, but my first impression of them is quite good.
I found it to be very smooth and comfortable.
I have noticed that regrowth seems to be quicker than with other AC blades, suggesting the shave wasn't the closest despite feeling near BBS

Now that I've received payment from @ATG for the two packs of these I sold him, I can properly speak my mind!

Second shave with this second blade was much better. Smooth from the off. I think the first blade was definitely a duffer. These aren't going to take the throne from my Prolines and Feather Pros but I'll be more happy to try the remaining Proshaves in my other AC razors if it continues like this.

Back
Top Bottom