Proshave S AC type blades

OP
culcreuch
My 4th shave with a Proshave S today and unfortunately all was not 'sweetness and light'. I have been changing the razor with the blade each day. Shaves 1 to 3 were really really good ...with the 3rd shave exceptional in a Claymore V2. Today I moved it into an Ikon MR-SE and the edge seemed to have totally gone. It just did not cut. I moved the blade back into the |Claymore with the same result. A fresh blade in the Ikon and normal service was resumed. I don't normally move a blade from one razor to another so there is a chance I may have damaged the edge. So for now I will use the Ikon until the blade is finished.. Hopefully today was a one-off!

ATG

Supporter
Supporter
I have just recently joined the AC blades world so cautiously only used the Feathers Pro Guards. One blade gives me 3 good shaves with a push 4 if I can put up with the tugging. (using an Yaqi Excalibur currently)
So for me Proshave S would make a much better choice cost wise even with your early findings @culcreuch
Thanks.

Will keep watching here and see other opinions/impressions whilst going through the rest of my Pro Guards

Made by NIPPON RIKI KOGYO Co., LTD in Japan. They appear to only supply the domestic market in Japan. I found them to be very smooth, slightly less sharp than Feather Professional blades.
These were previously branded as the Kamisori brand.

Used one for the first time in my ATT X1 today. The X1 has performed flawlessly with the Schick Proline and Feather Pro blades. Today's shave was quite rough on the first pass but smoothed out by the second. I'm not overly enamoured with the Proshaves based on first impression but we'll see how it goes over the next few shaves.

Top Bottom