Proraso Red

Just a quick one...

Received my tube of Proraso red, sandalwood and Shea butter shaving cream today. First time I have used Proraso but have read good things on here about the brand.

I have to say the lather was great. It smells fantastic, and I am certain that the shave achieved this evening is closer than usual!

Great product.

May have to try the green soon...

The Proraso A/S is also superb as is the Proraso Blue cream. Oh and did I mention both the soaps. Bit of a Proraso fan here although strangely I can take or leave the red cream!

Didn't like the red at all. The smell was akin to warm vomit in a sweaty sock for me. May have been just a duff tube bit the smell was god awful.

Love the green and blue variations tho. Their AS Lotion is excellent also.

I liked the white tub so much I had to try the red. I expected to love it. I didn't :(

The smell seemed too synthetic for some reason. Performance wasn't anything special.

Aaahhh! A thread for proper Proraso-heads. Count me in.

I love the green shaving cream... may investigate the red, but I'm a bit addicted to the menthol. I will also be getting some AS balm... got a freebie of the Proraso balm and it's great stuff.

If you buy a tub of the pre-shave... get the 300ml version... I can't get enough of it.

Just tried some red. I was hoping \ expecting it to smell like the TOBS sandalwood but it doesn't.

Great lather and a nice shave. Skin feels great afterwards.

Not sure about the smell though.

All Proraso is good Proraso. Never tried the pre/post, but the soaps, creams and aftershaves are spot on for value. Definitely a producer to measure others against.

I actually quite like the sandalwood - a better approximation than most - and struggle to see how it's that controversial!

Back
Top Bottom