Proraso Prepost cream

I find it better applied to a dry face post shave. If i apply it to a weight face it seams not to soak into the skin and balls up on my face.
Pre shave i massage it into a damp face. Seam to be absorbed before i shave on wet skin.
So damp pre
Dry post.

I find it's better applied to a damp face both pre and post shave. I find it absorbs better that way. A little goes a long way, so I don't tend to use much post shave, maybe a pea sized amount.

I had a barber shave in Brighton a few weeks ago and the barber put a bit in his hands with a load of water and kind of mixed it into a pre-shave balm kind of thing and then massaged it in (while checking for direction of growth). Afterwards, he did the same but instead of using water, he used proraso A/S.

Worked really well - will have to 'try it at home' so to speak!

Hope this may help?

Matt

Although it's nice post shave I don't find it 'that' moisturising so prefer BS Macca root razor relief.

I find it really good as a pre shave though, and use a generous amount on a wet face.

matt31 said:
I had a barber shave in Brighton a few weeks ago and the barber put a bit in his hands with a load of water and kind of mixed it into a pre-shave balm kind of thing and then massaged it in (while checking for direction of growth). Afterwards, he did the same but instead of using water, he used proraso A/S.

Worked really well - will have to 'try it at home' so to speak!

Hope this may help?

Matt

Yes, thanks for reply's.

Up until today it was wet hands, wet face...

matt31 said:
I had a barber shave in Brighton a few weeks ago and the barber put a bit in his hands with a load of water and kind of mixed it into a pre-shave balm kind of thing and then massaged it in (while checking for direction of growth)

Today I tried it this way... not much water required and the menthol blast was phenomenal :eek:

Good shave though.

Yellow Jim said:
I find it's better applied to a damp face both pre and post shave. I find it absorbs better that way. A little goes a long way, so I don't tend to use much post shave, maybe a pea sized amount.

+1

I tried mixing it with the AS today and found that it hasn't absorbed as well, it's left my skin feeling a bit tacky. The menthol hit was something else though and it's shifted a bit of razor burn that I had on my neck.

I have tried the normal stuff post shave and it was too overpowering.

I use the sensitive stuff, in the white jar, as a pre-shave and really like it. The aroma is much toned down and it still imparts a tingle, but not as much as the normal cream.

Edit - I should have said that when I use it as a pre-shave I apply it on a wet face.

This did absolutely nothing for me as a pre-shave - nor do most pre-shaves I've tried.

I don't bother with them, I find a good, thorough splash with hot water for a minute or so does the same job, if not better.

Post shave, I find it excellent, particularly after the odd rough shave (not that it happens much at all any more). It's not overly moisturising, but it does moisturise, and your face will tingle for a good 20 mins after!

It's VERY in your face though, so you have to like menthol, failing that try the white version.

I don't use it all that often, but post shave on a dry face I agree entirely with jhclare. Every once in a while it gets a run out in pre shave mode: I don't know that it improves anything, but the hot and cold at the same time sensory weirdness is gratifying.

I use it post shave on a wet face. The water on your face thins it down to a cream that disappears into your skin easily, leaving it moisturised, but not greasy.

Back
Top Bottom