Proraso pre shaves

Proraso Green feels like how I imagine lava would feel. I had to wash it off immediately.
Proraso Blue feels like hot wax, useable but not enjoyable.
I have some White on order and hope that will bring me some joy.

I am only 7 shave into my DE journey and have read my skin will take time to adjust, will/does this also apply to products?

Proraso Green feels like how I imagine lava would feel. I had to wash it off immediately.
Proraso Blue feels like hot wax, useable but not enjoyable.
I have some White on order and hope that will bring me some joy.

I am only 7 shave into my DE journey and have read my skin will take time to adjust, will/does this also apply to products?

It could be that you have very sensitive skin (I do as well).

FWIW I would work on finding a few things that suit your skin then work on your improving your technique.

For trying new products, instead of putting them on your face, I would try them on the back of my hands or by my wrists to see whether I react to them.

As for the pre shave, it's one of the things which is seen to be a little divisive whether it improves the shave or not. If you have sensitive skin I'd recommend trying to reduce the number of reactants on my skin, I'd try an unscented pre shave be it a soap or otherwise.

Proraso White made my face burn btw.

It could be that you have very sensitive skin (I do as well).

FWIW I would work on finding a few things that suit your skin then work on your improving your technique.

For trying new products, instead of putting them on your face, I would try them on the back of my hands or by my wrists to see whether I react to them.

As for the pre shave, it's one of the things which is seen to be a little divisive whether it improves the shave or not. If you have sensitive skin I'd recommend trying to reduce the number of reactants on my skin, I'd try an unscented pre shave be it a soap or otherwise.

Proraso White made my face burn btw.
Thanks for your reply.

I will give the back of my hands a go with the Green.
I have an unscented cube also on order and hope that or the White will work. I may also give the pre shaves a miss entirely and see how that goes.

Thanks for your reply.

I will give the back of my hands a go with the Green.
I have an unscented cube also on order and hope that or the White will work. I may also give the pre shaves a miss entirely and see how that goes.

The unscented cube is supposed to be excellent. Did you get the one with or without menthol? If your face reacted to the Proraso Green it could be you have a sensitivity to menthol.

The unscented cube is supposed to be excellent. Did you get the one with or without menthol? If your face reacted to the Proraso Green it could be you have a sensitivity to menthol.
The without Menthol.

The back of the hand test showed no skin reaction to the Green pre shave. Which irritates me emotionally because I like the smell. :)

I've got the green Proraso. A nice cooling menthol hit. I'm not convinced it makes much difference to the actual shave though, and doesn't particularly impart extra slickness. These days I go with a glycerin soap and a hot flannel then crack straight on.

My skin seems fairly tolerant of almost anything I do to it within reason (which for years was carts, goop and aftershave with no moisturising products or suchlike).

Back
Top Bottom