Proraso Gel

I have gone through a few tubes. I have very rarely used it for shaving as styptic pencils and alum are usually sufficient. However, for other cuts it's quite good. Although I have now upgraded to liquid skin.

There is another product called Infa-lab liquid styptic that I am curious to try...

For shaving cuts i find that holding your face down in a bowl of cold water for as long as you can (10 seconds or more) is one of the most effective post-shave things you can do to stop any bleeding very quickly, with the added benefit of cooling and refreshing the skin as well.

Just dunk your face under the water and slowly turn it side to side. My Dad told me its an old Army trick for when you have to shave quick and then be out on parade quickly afterwards.

And, you know what ? it does actually work.

Might be a bit late to the party on this one, but got this for Christmas. Never used it before. Brilliant. Best thing I’ve used to stop a cut a bleeding on the spot.

Would really recommend, especially to anyone starting off.

View attachment 98426
Yeah, this is always worth having in the den somewhere. When alum, styptic, and lip balm (try it - it works really well!) aren’t enough, this stuff does the job. If it doesn’t, it’s probably time to get out the steri strips!

Back
Top Bottom