Professor Blighty's Applewood Balm

Hi all,

I'd just thought I'd post up a few thoughts of Martin's new balm I've been using.

First a quick bit about my skin, I would say it can be oily and it’s quite easy to upset its balance. Too much alcohol, dry cheeks but excessively oily nose. Too much greasiness of the product, I’ll more then likely get spots! Hopefully you can see, it’s quite fussy to what’s put on it.

So on with the review:

FIRST IMPRESSIONS - When I opened the box, it would quite pleased, nice packaging, nice labels (in true Prof B style!).

BOTTLE - Good quality, nice and thick bottle. As the balm is quite thick, you have to shake it to get it out. It works well though as you only need a little drop of this stuff.

LABELLING - Nice, as above in true Prof B style. Works well with the scheme of the Professor Blighty’s line.

SCENT - The scent is mainly apples and cinnamon. The way I could describe it is Toffee and cinnamon. It’s quite pleasant, quite strong out of the bottle. For me it’s a very pleasant winter fragrance or a night time one. I find it quite relaxing to use for those late evening shaves. It’s a warm scent. When on the skin it mellows out and balances the toffee apple and cinnamon scent perfectly.

BURN – Hardly any, just a nice tingle, which I like. A shave isn’t a shave without the tingle.

LONGEVITY – It lasts a fair while. If you would like it to last a little longer you can use the Cologne that comes with the pack. I tend to avoid these as they upset the balance of my skin.

SUMMARY – Overall, I am really really impressed with this balm. I love the alcohol tingle but nearly all aftershaves upset the balance of my skin so have to avoid them by using non alcoholic balms.

It makes my skin feel great and the scent is a really nice warming one.

This balm is fantastic, I will always have one of Martin's balms in my rotation.

5e1dc4cb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom