Professor Blighty Review

Howdy ya'll,

Well, now that i have been exonerated of being a TROLL, i would like to give everyone my comments on Martin Slevin,his service and products.
Some of you have asked Martin for samples in order to make a more expert opinion. I have used 9 of his items on a daily basis for more than
two months and feel that i can offer my humble opinion. I list them in order of my preference.

All should be shaken before each use to ensure a good mix of oils etc.

1)GRAPEWOOD
This fragrance is not listed yet on his ebay page, but is well worth getting. My wife says it's dreamy. It contains witch hazel,floral waters and
essential oils. Don't let the term "floral waters" put you off guys. This is the bee's knees for going out on an evening.

2)SHAVING BALM
Not like the usual white cream in a tube. More like GFT's skin food...a viscous liquid with aloe vera,witch hazel,lavender,geranium and more.
A pearlescent appearance in the bottle which looks rich. Small hole at the top that requires a good couple of shakes to get a dab out but it is
probably a good idea as a very little goes a long way. Soaks in rapidly without feeling sticky or greasy leaving skin soft. EXCELLENT STUFF

3)UNIVERSAL AFTER SHAVE TONIC
I worked at a timber mill for some time and loved the smells from lime, cherry and other fruit woods going through the saw. This tonic reminds
me of those times. It smells herby and woody to me and has a slight oily feel that soon rubs into the skin. This is my every day after shave.
I think this would suit any man no matter what his tastes may be.

4)OLDE MULBERRY
Martin describes this as nutty,spicy,slightly oriental and masculine. Couldn't have said it better myself. 10 different spicey ingredients make
this another candidate for both daily and going out use. I can whole heartedly recommend this one.

5)LAVENDER WATER
Self explanatory this one. Subtle fragrance that's great as an after bath splash on. Have layered this on over the blueberry which makes for
a unique smell that my wife really likes.

6)OLDE BLUEBERRY
Nothing in it to suggest blueberries other than the color. This one is definitely unique though, with it's mix of wood and spice aromas.
Very subtle but an alluring fragrance. LOVE IT.

7)UNIVERSAL SHAVING OIL
Can't really say much about oils. Some are cheap and others are too expensive. HECK, i've shaved with olive oil so i don't particularly care.
This is a mix of jojoba,sesame,almond and tea tree oils. I can say that it works well as a pre shave and post shave and i like it very much.
NUFF SED

8)MUSK
I list this in 8th position not because i don't like it, but because this was a special order that needed chemicals to get the fragrance as the
real stuff is far too expensive. Martin usually only uses natural oils etc in everything he makes.
This is a gorgeous smell. Any guy or gal who likes the sensuous smells of coconut cinnamon or vanilla would love this. A scent to wear when
cuddling with your lady.

9)STRAWBERRY AND VANILLA SHAVING SOAP
I'm still tempted to take a bite out of this...it smells sooooo good. I live in Hull which has some of the hardest water in the country and
can say that it lathers very well here. I generally like to use a cream soap and build up a nice hot lather in my two chamber scuttle from
woodhead pottery with one of my badger brushes. I asked Martin if he would be making creams in the future and he might...HOPEFULLY
The smell of this soap is really good and i believe you all would like it.

Martin made my wife a fragrance of several smells she liked. She liked it so much that i have bought her the ASPIRITUS for Christmas.
Snuck a smell...WOW...If ya want your lady to smell like a "WOMAN" this is the stuff. sultry, sensuous and UUuunnnggghhh.

I bought my son the barbarian blade regime for Christmas and had a quick smell. EXOTIC is the word for it. The soap again smells like a dessert.
I am guessing that it may be coconut, almond and a hint of vanilla but don't know as the ingredients are not listed. Really nice smell whatever it is.
The oil seems more fragrant than the universal oil and i think i will buy it next.

I intend to try all of the prof's items as i like everything so far and have no hesitation in, once again, recommending both Martin and his products.

I welcome your opinions and thoughts.
Russ

Russ,

I didn't get a chance to apologise on the earlier thread - so here it is! Sorry for misinterpretting your enthusiasm for the Prof's products and assuming you were a troll. :oops:

I have only had a chance to try the Musk, which personally i wasn't keen on (the scent that is) but the wife likes it and is using it :D

I do hope to try the Grapewood, as others on here have only had good things to say.

Best regards,

Russ, the good Professor has gone down very well here, and having had some dealings with him I reckon he's a sterling chap. I don't recall posting anything regarding your putative commercial interest in Martin's business, but please accept an apology anyway because I know it crossed my mind. It's worth noting that we'd just had a prolonged encounter with a bona fide troll, so I suppose our guard was up: I hope you take our hospitality as read now.

AJP said:
Russ,

I didn't get a chance to apologise on the earlier thread - so here it is! Sorry for misinterpretting your enthusiasm for the Prof's products and assuming you were a troll. :oops:

I have only had a chance to try the Musk, which personally i wasn't keen on (the scent that is) but the wife likes it and is using it :D

I do hope to try the Grapewood, as others on here have only had good things to say.

Best regards,
THANKYOU Tony...Much appreciated.
I personally like the musk but in very small dabs. Like your wife, mine wears it too.
The Grapewood is really nice. I got a sample bottle from Martin with the old labels he used. He sent me a photo of the whole range
of grapewood with the new labels which look very good. The range will be out soon.

Russ

Arrowhead said:
Russ, the good Professor has gone down very well here, and having had some dealings with him I reckon he's a sterling chap. I don't recall posting anything regarding your putative commercial interest in Martin's business, but please accept an apology anyway because I know it crossed my mind. It's worth noting that we'd just had a prolonged encounter with a bona fide troll, so I suppose our guard was up: I hope you take our hospitality as read now.

THANKYOU ANDY...Much appreciated.
Yes, Martin is a very nice man. I have never met him but it is obvious by the wording in his emails and his kind generosity that STERLING is
really an understatement.

Kind regards,
Russ

Back
Top Bottom