Prof. Blighty's soft shaving soap

I've just tried Prof. Blighty's Formula 31 Coconut shaving soap :idea:

As a newcomer to DE shaving, just over a month, I've been trying many different soaps, mainly creams but a few hard soaps as well, thanks to the 'PIFfers' I've managed quite a few samples as well as those I've bought myself :roll:

I ordered Prof Blighty's Formula 31 Coconut shaving soap and aftershave which arrived very promptly this morning :D

The reason for the coconut scented is it's one of MrsC's favourite scents, reminding her of holidays long ago in the heat of the sun in tropical climes etc :cool: (yes I was there as well :lol: ) However MrsC's out this morning so onward to the bathroom to try out the goodies :shave

First off, the soaps in a decent tub and as soon as it was opened a really nice aroma of coconut, not overpowering, it lathered up really well and very quickly, producing more lather than I expected, still trying to perfect my technique and initially thought I'd not got enough on the brush.
When appllied to the face it felt really rich and creamy, probably the nicest feeling of the soaps I've used so far, the shave went well and got a really close smooth shave, but I went for a second pass, there was plenty of lather left and the second pass went really smoothly, probably my smoothest shave yet :!:

After a cold splash and dab dry tried the F31 coconut aftershave, now I've not used much in the way of aftershave, normally go for a balm, but after the shave with the F31 soap everything felt really soft so gave a splash of the aftershave. Initially typical aftershave strong hit, but very quickly there was a really nice scent of coconut, again not overstrong but very nice indeed.
Now an hour later the skin hasn't dried out at all and feels really good, just waiting for the reaction from MrsC when she comes in :?:

Even as a relative newcomer to DE shaving I feel I can comfortably recommend both these items, I will be getting more :D
Think this might well become my 'weekend' shaving product :cool:

Thanks for the prompt delivery and excellent products Martin .

Back
Top Bottom