Problems with a Semi-Slant

I enjoy the 37C and the La Storto Gentile - it's been a while since I used the 37C but I believe the Gentile feels similar. The slant Gentile is certainly an improvement over the non-slant Gentile.

I've recently bought the La Storto OC but I'm yet to try it. If the Gentile is OK par with the (newer) 37C, it's a safe bet to say the OC will be more assertive.

I enjoy the 37C and the La Storto Gentile - it's been a while since I used the 37C but I believe the Gentile feels similar. The slant Gentile is certainly an improvement over the non-slant Gentile.

I've recently bought the La Storto OC but I'm yet to try it. If the Gentile is OK par with the (newer) 37C, it's a safe bet to say the OC will be more assertive.
I like it, Chris. Fa Tip do get a bit of stick for quality. But, ok, the pins on my OC are soldered; however, it’s made of brass and I reckon it’ll last. I sold my Piccolo a while back and regret it...

I like it, Chris. Fa Tip do get a bit of stick for quality. But, ok, the pins on my OC are soldered; however, it’s made of brass and I reckon it’ll last. I sold my Piccolo a while back and regret it...
They're bargain razors. I nearly purchased the PAA plastic slant before remembering I could get an all brass variant for less.

I bought a Lo Storto OC slant at the back end of last year and one of the pins broke off on second use whilst I was tightening up the blade. Connaught Shaving were great - replaced it immediately, no questions asked. The replacement seems fine but I've only used it twice this year as I'm nervous to think what might happen if it failed while in use!
Shame, as I get a great head shave with it.
IMG_20210104_184031.jpgIMG_20210104_183955.jpgIMG_20210104_183917.jpgIMG_20210104_183716.jpg

I bought a Lo Storto OC slant at the back end of last year and one of the pins broke off on second use whilst I was tightening up the blade. Connaught Shaving were great - replaced it immediately, no questions asked. The replacement seems fine but I've only used it twice this year as I'm nervous to think what might happen if it failed while in use!
Shame, as I get a great head shave with it.
View attachment 70541View attachment 70543View attachment 70544View attachment 70545
Yes. My pins are like that; soldered on. I just take care not to tighten too much (not suggesting you did, you understand).

Yes. My pins are like that; soldered on. I just take care not to tighten too much (not suggesting you did, you understand).
I didn't; I had just started to tighten it up, not even a full turn and wasn't even touching the pins. The soldering looks pretty dodgy though. I would have a close look at yours. Italian QC does have a bit of a reputation.........

Right well I thought I'd bite the bullet and get myself something to replace it....

While I enjoyed the Parker Semi, I thought I'd got for your recommendation. After giving it a couple of goes now, I agree, the Lo Storto is good, though I would prefer a longer and heavier handle (such as what the Parker had).
I'm looking to buy something different and fancy either the Parker or Fatip slants. I owned a 37c a number of years ago and found it quite good. These razors intrigue me, particularly the closed comb from Fatip. I appreciate that they are different designs - just wondered if anyone who had owned both had any recommendations or thoughts..

I'm looking to buy something different and fancy either the Parker or Fatip slants. I owned a 37c a number of years ago and found it quite good. These razors intrigue me, particularly the closed comb from Fatip. I appreciate that they are different designs - just wondered if anyone who had owned both had any recommendations or thoughts..
I enjoy slants generally but wasn't overly impressed with the Parker Semi. I bought the Fatip Gentile Storto on a whim with a view to selling it on after trying it. I fell in love with it after a few shaves and decided to keep it. I've since bought the OC version but yet to try it.

Whilst i can't guarantee the razor will be for you, I believe the Lo Storto Gentile is £25 well spent.

I enjoy slants generally but wasn't overly impressed with the Parker Semi. I bought the Fatip Gentile Storto on a whim with a view to selling it on after trying it. I fell in love with it after a few shaves and decided to keep it. I've since bought the OC version but yet to try it.

Whilst i can't guarantee the razor will be for you, I believe the Lo Storto Gentile is £25 well spent.
The Lo Storto OC is a fine razor. If it’s closed comb you’re after, the RazoRock ‘German 37’ slant is really good, imo. Apparently, it’s based on the original design of the Merkur 37C which, some claim, has been tamed a bit. Having used both, I find the RazoRock a bit more assertive.

Back
Top Bottom