Price per Blade

For a reasonable quality blade, then an average of about ten pence, not including postage.

I say reasonable quality because I like Gillettes, I'd imagine many can average a lot less than this if they like say, Dorco or Lord or something. And conversely I think you average around 20p a blade on feathers, IIRC.

Something between 3p (200 Supermax for £6) & 30p (Gillette Platinum, 5 for £1.50) per blade...

You can obviously pay more (I recall seeing a 10 pack of Merkur for £6.99 for example) but in such low quantities you'd find it hard to pay less.

Middle of the road is 10-15p per blade, I'd say.

^^ Good point on quantities, I tend to buy quite a bundle at once, at least a hundred anyway, it would seem the price goes up a lot the smaller the quantity.

Is it just me or have prices risen recently? Feathers seem to be averaging 26p or so on eBay, and Gillette 7 o'clock yellow are more like 15p whereas I've always paid around ten.

I would say around 30p. Israeli Personnas are £1.89 in ASDA for 10, WS Classic £3.98 for 10 in Boots. Superdrug's blades are up from £1.99 to £2.49 for 10. But factor in the price of sample pack blades and that brings the price down - around £7.50 for 42 blades. Around 18p each.

Back
Top Bottom