Price of Palmolive Cream

The Price of Palmolive Cream doe ary a lot. I saw some in Morrisons for £1 but recently I have seen it costing £1.40 or even more.

It makes no sense.

I've only ever seen it for a quid in Wilkinson and some shop in Durham in the Millburngate shopping centre whose name I forget. A bargain at twice the price.

Unruhe said:
I've only ever seen it for a quid in Wilkinson and some shop in Durham in the Millburngate shopping centre whose name I forget. A bargain at twice the price.

Ah Milburngate! Brings back happy memories.

(Labarum is a Durham graduate.)

I bought my first DE razor in Boots in Silver Street in 1969 or 1970. It was a mid priced TTO.

I used to live less than 5 miles from Durham, only ever went there for a chinwag with the chap in Classic Choice on North Road (one of the best classical music shops in the country - in totally the wrong place to get a lot of trade), to catch the train or when touring friends arrived and wanted to see it.

Mind you I was probably mostly put off it by seeing a mate minding his own business get his face sliced open with a Stanley™ knife in a pub up Sherburn Hill by a local yob because he came from "the wrong village".

Labarum said:
Unruhe said:

Ah Milburngate! Brings back happy memories.

(Labarum is a Durham graduate.)

I bought my first DE razor in Boots in Silver Street in 1969 or 1970. It was a mid priced TTO.

A fellow alumnus! College? Not Hatfield I hope.

Hill fo' life.

Unruhe said:
A fellow alumnus! College? Not Hatfield I hope.

I was a member of St Cuthbert's Society, though I have heard it is now calling itself a college.

For those not in the know Durham University is a collegiate institution. From early days St Cuthberts Society existed as an administrative home for (mostly) older students who were not members of the residential colleges. Becuase a high proportion of "Cuths" students were not in residence it was the first part of the university to go co-ed. My first year was the first year Cuths admitted girls. All the other colleges were single sex.

During my first year the age of majority changed from 21 to i8. That too changed the ways colleges had to relate to students - the Principal was no longer "in loco parentis".

Labarum said:
I was a member of St Cuthbert's Society

I miss Cuths' bar. Best bar on the Bailey. There's another one out by additional residence beyond Old Elvet now, but it sucks balls. When I was there Cuths students had the highest rate of depression and mental illness of all colleges. Maybe you should lock away your razor!

Back
Top Bottom