Pound Shop

Thanks, HM. Unfortunately had no luck with my nearest TK Maxx as yet. Surprised, really, because it's actually quite a biggie in the middle of Brum. Still, Trumpers or TOBS at £4 a shot is excellent value. Which leads me to thinking that some earlybird is snapping them up as soon as they're put out.

(If you're out there, you fiend, leave some for me! Pretty please?)

Manoflamancha said:
Called into my local "Pound Shop" the other day and picked up a tube of The Real Shaving Company's Shave Cream, Professional Formula, Moisturising. It can be used brushless but they say use a brush for optimum results, which I did. You know what, I got a smooth close shave. The only problem is the cost.
I'm going back soon to haggle on the price. ;)

At Poundland in Cramlington, on the way home from work, I picked up a 175m Tub for my money.

I will give a whirl in the morning and if all goes according to plan then Mr Spirit will be back 'the morn' to grab another couple or three.

Money's no object to me, even in the teeth of the recession!
;)

Blyth Spirit said:
Manoflamancha said:
Called into my local "Pound Shop" the other day and picked up a tube of The Real Shaving Company's Shave Cream, Professional Formula, Moisturising. It can be used brushless but they say use a brush for optimum results, which I did. You know what, I got a smooth close shave. The only problem is the cost.
I'm going back soon to haggle on the price. ;)

At Poundland in Cramlington, on the way home from work, I picked up a 175m Tub for my money.

I will give a whirl in the morning and if all goes according to plan then Mr Spirit will be back 'the morn' to grab another couple or three.

Money's no object to me, even in the teeth of the recession!
;)

Works very well and smells fine.

Lashed out today and bought another three!

:shock:

:D Just been to my local tj maxx and got kent shaving soap in a lovely wooden bowl for £9.99 and some founders reserve cederwood and clarysage for £5.99....happy days..had plenty as well.Tempted to call again tomorrow.

Hi,

Was able to get a tub of cream in my local £shop 'bout 3 weeks ago, also made by Real Shaving Co.
They had tube of concentrated shave cream which I got as well. Also, they have the post shave balm too!!

Surprised there wasn't a brush, but Wilkinson do one for a cost that makes the £shop look expensive :lol:

Thommo

I was visiting my brother this weekend and I noticed he had a tub of Body Shop shave cream and It looks, smells and is packaged exactly like the Poundshop one.

As i drive for a living ive put the tk maxx stores on me tomtom and keep nipping in them all when i get time to see what goodys i can get cheap lol..

slash said:
As i drive for a living ive put the tk maxx stores on me tomtom and keep nipping in them all when i get time to see what goodys i can get cheap lol..

I wouldn't go out of your way to go to the Ipswich store. I've been there a few times now and they only had Real Shaving Company stuff. OK not awful I've heard but I thought there would be richer pickings to be had. :cry:

The Nottingham TK Maxx wasnt too bad. The one in Broad Marsh is crap, one up by Waitrose and the Vic Centre is good though. Had Kent soap, some TOBS cream, Real Shave Co stuff and some other stuff. Right by the door aswell.

hunnymonster said:
slash said:

I bet the passengers on the number 59 bus love those diversions :D

As long as he doesn't drive a train. Now that could cause real problems! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom