Potentially daft question about injector blades

" Maintenance of Japanese Motorcycle call for great tranquillity of mind " quote from maintenance notes for Honda 125cc Benly motorcycle curca 1960s. Course, that was very true in my experience.

JohnnyO. o/

Thank you, gents. There does seem to be a point for discussion above and beyond semantics. While it is possible that the blade edge could be asymmetrical, it would also appear that the effect would be negligible. I just wanted to check ... and now I'm not sure, but I think I've got that it doesn't matter in practice.

Having flipped the blade in question so that the surface that was top facing is now bottom facing, it felt a tad better. That could just be that it's now had three goes on my face and today is a different day to yesterday which is different to the day before. My face is likely the variable rather than the blade or the razor. I can now get it to shave, but when I switch to a different blade in a different razor, it's chalk and cheese.

I don't mind aggressive and I don't actually mind rough in the right razor. I don't think I've munged the edge when inserting and swapping around so I'm going to try the blade in a Keen Kutter later on.

Meanwhile, I think I'm a born-again Schickhead!

I can get these things to shave now. Moreover, I can get a highly enjoyable and effective shave out of them! I have a lovely E2, a really fly Golden 500 and a newfound appreciation for Chinese Schick blades.

Thanks to all for putting up with my jibes about injectors ...

Gah! What am I saying?

They're still half the razor the Trac II is (logically, Trac II ... two blades) and they're no 1912 :p

There! :D

Thank you, gents. There does seem to be a point for discussion above and beyond semantics. While it is possible that the blade edge could be asymmetrical, it would also appear that the effect would be negligible. I just wanted to check ... and now I'm not sure, but I think I've got that it doesn't matter in practice.

Having flipped the blade in question so that the surface that was top facing is now bottom facing, it felt a tad better. That could just be that it's now had three goes on my face and today is a different day to yesterday which is different to the day before. My face is likely the variable rather than the blade or the razor. I can now get it to shave, but when I switch to a different blade in a different razor, it's chalk and cheese.

I don't mind aggressive and I don't actually mind rough in the right razor. I don't think I've munged the edge when inserting and swapping around so I'm going to try the blade in a Keen Kutter later on.

I can get these things to shave now. Moreover, I can get a highly enjoyable and effective shave out of them! I have a lovely E2, a really fly Golden 500 and a newfound appreciation for Chinese Schick blades.

Gah! What am I saying?

They're still half the razor the Trac II is (logically, Trac II ... two blades) and they're no 1912 :p

Bunny pass around, Paul? :D:D

Gah! What am I saying?

I have always known you were a Schick - Head in Denial Paul..:D:D:D:D

Billy

Gah! What am I saying?

But have you tried the PAL injectomatic- you get British Made ones. They are a "Schick Buster " !

Back
Top Bottom