Post Shave Moisturizing

I have been using what I think is the ne plus ultra combo of moisturizers for those who use/need as such. First, I use hyaluronic acid, just a few drops spread all over the face. I then wait a few minutes until it is absorbed and then use the cutting edge polyglutamic acid in the same manner which seals in the former and...

“Ultimately, by combining both hyaluronic and polyglutamic acid within your skin care regime, you’re ensuring that you hydrate the lowest levels of your skin, and ‘seal in’ the upper levels, resulting in maximum hydration. This combination is the perfect solution for tight, dehydrated skin.”..,

I use these and I am sold on this "1, 2 punch"!! Forget greasy balms and other humectants. This is "cutting edge" science. (y) ;)

I had pretty much ignored all mention of such things, having only seen them mentioned in the sort of mags my Mrs reads, most of which are 95% advertorial, offering to revitalise your sex life, career and pelvic floor just by buying a lampshade from Dwell.com.

However if you hairy-arsed (or shaven-arsed for all I know)* no-nonsense shave hounds have actually tried these, and reckon they work, I am more likely to be convinced. I'm "allergic" to flavour of the month pseudoscientific "cosmoceuticals" but more inclined to believe you lot.

That said, my favourite post shave at the minute is Bio Oil. They say it is good for scars etc, but it is also great after the dermal abrasion known as SR.

*YAHMV

I occasionally make use of the "diprobase" heavy duty moisturiser we slather my son in, as he has had eczema (which is thankfully waning) since he was a baby. It's pretty intensively moisturising stuff. I only need it once in a blue moon during the winter when the air is a bit more drying on the skin.

I occasionally make use of the "diprobase" heavy duty moisturiser we slather my son in, as he has had eczema (which is thankfully waning) since he was a baby. It's pretty intensively moisturising stuff. I only need it once in a blue moon during the winter when the air is a bit more drying on the skin.
I'm an occasional user myself, I gather the formula has changed, have you noticed any difference?

I'm an occasional user myself, I gather the formula has changed, have you noticed any difference?

It does seem to be slightly oilier than before, but it still soaks in ok with time. I use it before bed when I do use it so I’m not walking around with a big white face

Reactions: PHR
Diprobase is an emolient not a hydrator.

Last edited:
The new stuff is garbage. I have picked up around 20 pump containers of the old formula. I bought Cetraben and Zerobase to compare. I already use the Aproderm colloidal cream, and will try their standard emolient cream.

Last edited:
Reactions: PHR
The new stuff is garbage. I have picked up around 20 pump containers of the old formula.
I bought Cetraben and Zerobase to compare.
I already use the Aproderm colloidal cream, and will try their standard emolient cream.
I was going to buy the big pump container at Savers of Cetraben, but found a small pump container online.
I haven't tried Cetraben or Zerobase yet.

20220314_040137.jpg

I have been using what I think is the ne plus ultra combo of moisturizers for those who use/need as such. First, I use hyaluronic acid, just a few drops spread all over the face. I then wait a few minutes until it is absorbed and then use the cutting edge polyglutamic acid in the same manner which seals in the former and...

I use these and I am sold on this "1, 2 punch"!! Forget greasy balms and other humectants. This is "cutting edge" science. (y) ;)

You need to add these serums to a damp face and then seal in with a heavy moisturiser. Otherwise it could be drying and have the opposite of the desired effect.

You need to add these serums to a damp face and then seal in with a heavy moisturiser. Otherwise it could be drying and have the opposite of the desired effect.

nmTLAmC.jpg

Back
Top Bottom