Post shave lotion query

Hi all,

Sorry to bother you again but I'm trying a bunch of new stuff out and have a query relating to certain post shave lotions.
Last night I tried a new adjustable razor which was more aggressive than my usual shave and after the shave I applied some Floid lotion. This gave me a very brief sting in certain areas on my face. Is that a sign of poor technique and razor burn? My face seems fine in those areas this morning, I was just an initial sting which subsided.

Thought / comments appreciated.

Thanks

I get the sting with alcohol splashes but that's what I enjoy about them. If you haven't been using them often then your face won't be used to them so you may feel it is a bit harsh. You should build up a bit of a tolerance with regular use and it will become less noticable. It can also highlight areas where you went a bit closer than others but like I say I enjoy the sensation.

Thanks! So it's not necessarily the result of a bad shave? I didn't mind the sensation, I just wondered if it highlights a problem with the shave itself.

You can usually judge your shave by the sting. No sting means you've had a good shave.

As always, YMMV but I rate my application of aftershave in 3 ways:

1) No sting - Either a truly excellent shave technique on that day, or I've forgotten to use the razor
2) Mild short sting - A good shave and a good sting to make me feel alive. I like this feeling
3) %£$#! Ahhhh $£#&! - A quick check to make sure I've not accidentally put something caustic on my face. Probably should have daydreamed less during that shave

Post application sting from an alcohol-based aftershave does not necessarily mean you've had a poor or mediocre shave; if there's no blood that is. I like the sting and the feeling is even better if the aftershave contains menthol. The alcohol and menthol make my skin feel bright, fresh and invigorated.

This.

I rarely nick myself, get consistently wonderful shaves... and still get THAT alcohol sting I DO like!!!