Post Shave Balm

So many of the decent sounding ones all have menthol in and it doesnt agree with me. I always end up going back to Nivea balm, boring as it is. I do keep looking for a decent one and have the proraso (non menthol) one coming soon hopefully

Can throughly recommend Bart’s balms. A few of on here were lucky enough to try some new samples and hands down the best balm I’ve used for calming my face and leaving it feeling better and more hydrated than before I shaved. All are scented though but they smell great.
As for unscented I can’t believe after the recent price craziness on Amazon no ones recommended Baxter of California aftershave balm. It went as low as £5-6 for two tubes and some of us, ‘may’ have stockpiled a little too many!

Hi all, I need to pick up a new post shave balm. Recently I have been using this

images
or this View attachment 67261

both of which I really like, but I am interested in what others use and recommend. Ideally unscented as I always apply a fragrance every day.

Thanks!
I use a varied range.
i always try to get the same balm as the soap if it’s available.
Barts Balms are very good & very reasonable
however i also use Loccitane and i genuinely don’t think there’s much better without paying a heavy marketing price.
Oh one more thing,
Don’t forget Nivea it’s been around and lasted the test of time

Last edited:
I do like the Baxter of California ASB for its scent. However it does have a scent which rules it out if you're looking for unscented. Also contains menthol. I find it can tingle or sting a bit after a close shave. The slightly 'tacky' feel after it's dried is not for everyone (tacky in the tactile sense rather than the snobby sense!)

I often use Bio Oil. Not cheap but you only need 3 drops. It never stings, its light and easily absorbed, has the faintest of scents and leaves a smooth replenishing feel.

Back
Top Bottom