Portuguese creams

Thank you, I go to Alvor (western Algarve) in July, it's a lovely place & it's like my 2nd home
I'll be in Alvor in October for a week, went for two last year and have been multiple times over the last decade.
I've always kept an eye out but never really seen much, is there much shaving goodies to be had around Alvor?

I'll be in Alvor in October for a week, went for two last year and have been multiple times over the last decade.
I've always kept an eye out but never really seen much, is there much shaving goodies to be had around Alvor?

I've not really taken notice before as I've just got suckered into this rabbit hole. I'll update this thread when I return

Well it's not looking great, going on Weds & spoke to a chap in the resort who says nothing available. Surely, got to be something. Well I'll soon find out.
Where there is a will, there is a way Shaun. :rolleyes:
I am sure you will find a way to escape from SWMBO for an hour or two while she is sunbathing.;)
PS. I usually find lacing my SWMBO with afternoon cocktails works a treat. YMMV :D

Any way mate have a safe journey and a fantastic time.
Onwards and upwards my friend.

Wayne :)

Where there is a will, there is a way Shaun. :rolleyes:
I am sure you will find a way to escape from SWMBO for an hour or two while she is sunbathing.;)
PS. I usually find lacing my SWMBO with afternoon cocktails works a treat. YMMV :D

Any way mate have a safe journey and a fantastic time.
Onwards and upwards my friend.

Wayne :)

Thank you kind sir, I'm still undecided on what shaving kit to take with me. I'm getting great shaves with the Gillette Tech, might have to look for a fat Handle one to add to the den.

Thank you kind sir, I'm still undecided on what shaving kit to take with me. I'm getting great shaves with the Gillette Tech, might have to look for a fat Handle one to add to the den.
My answer to that is, take less clothes with you. I.E 1 pair of shorts, sandals and a tea shirt. Buy all new clothing out there and use your suitcase as your shaving den.
Just a thought..:rolleyes:

To be honest with you I wouldn't worry too much if you can't find shaving stuff to buy and bring back, Because majority of Portugase shaving products can be bought in UK from internet. obviously postage will little bit more.
Two years ago a friend went to Portugal for holiday for a week or so and although I explained her the things to look for, she brought back to me a bottle of Nivea asb! telling me rest of the stuff was same as here.

Just returned from Porto and had a bit of a problem buying Portuguese shaving stuff there. Claus Porto has a new store, which is very high end, however it seemed to be geared more toward their fine soaps. Did buy a tube of Musgo Real but you can buy that in a lot of places. I was looking for not so premium brands, like Top Secret, Confidencia or Lavanda. What they wanted to sell me was the Spanish La Toya. For some reason it may be easier buying Portuguese creams from Gifts & Care here in Spain.

Porto is a nifty city and which I had visited it a lot sooner.

Back
Top Bottom