Porridge

A warmer breakfast is now required but I've never taken to this warmed up snot.

I do keep trying to like it though...

Recipes, cooking methods, brands etc?

I put some in a bowl, pour milk on it, add a spoon full of sugar stir. Place in microwave and nuke. remove from the microwave pour a little extra milk on the top and allow to cool until warm and set like jelly. Then enjoy. Very good for you. My routine breakfast.

I can only stomach it with maple syrup. I add some seeds such as sunflower, pumpkin and linseed. I only eat it when Mrs PC makes it though so not sure of the best recipe, though I am aware that there are lots of different oats to choose from in the supermarket.

I just chuck a cupful of oats in the saucepan plus a couple of cupfuls of water. Take quite a while to heat and simmer.Then put it in a huge bowl, pour on freh milk until the the porridge floats, then get stuck in. Far too much for one and I only have it occasionally. Oh, and I do add salt while in the pot.

About my only other "cooking" is a baked potato and boiled eggs. I'll never be a master chef contestant.

I was put on this earth to enjoy other peoples talents. Not my own.

My wife usually cooks it for me in the morning, so by the time I've finished having a shave it's generally set and I have to loosen it up with milk. When I make it myself, 1 cup of oats, 1 cup of water and 1 cup of milk, pinch of salt, cook whilst stirring for 3-5 minutes, served with jam. Much better if it's not been left standing around.

Great stuff!

Make mine with milk.

Drop of honey.

Have had it with a handful of dried fruit thrown in too but +1 on the maple syrup - brilliant.

Once ready, place in front of the kids and proceed to cook your egg and bacon.

:lol:

Not a fan then.

RB73 said:
Once ready, place in front of the kids and proceed to cook your egg and bacon.

Precisely, I know it's supposed to be good for me but so is a colonic, not inspired yet folks.

I can do Weetabix floor sweepings with extras but that's it.

Get a large bag of rolled oats (not these silly sachet things you get now).

1 Old Fashioned cup measure into a pan, put water into the pan to cover the oats add a little splash of milk.
Heat till at desired consistency, stirring throughout (only takes about 2 mins)

Add salt/sugar/honey/spice to taste.