Polishing my Equipment

Guys,

I've bought a Flare Tip Super Speed of t'Bay recently. It came in a right mess, riddled with decades-old dirt it seemed. Anyway, I've got it cleaned, but it needs a good polish. Am I OK to use Silvo or Brasso, or would that knacker it up?

I've had a search on here, but can't find any answers, so I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to recommend, or un-recommend, something.

Cheers in advance.

AutoSol with cheapie toothbrushes and soft rags seem to do ok for my perking up my junk.

• Hmm, ... er,
        • ... well, that could possibly have been said a better way ... ee-yup.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Autosol is rather abrasive, famous for cutting through the plating on motorbike exhausts. Squeeze a little onto the end of your finger and rub it on your thumb - you'll feel the grittiness.

Arrowhead said:
Autosol is rather abrasive, famous for cutting through the plating on motorbike exhausts. Squeeze a little onto the end of your finger and rub it on your thumb - you'll feel the grittiness.

The end of my thumb is a poor guage - pinched nerve/nerve damage has deadened it. I will defer to your greater knowledge & experience of such things metallic, though.

I use one of these

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALL-PURPOSE-MIRACLE-POLISHING-AND-CLEANING-CLOTH-/260626822612?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALL-PURPOSE-MIRAC ... pt=UK_Home</a><!-- m -->

brings them up nicely

Tony

fozz77 said:
Are these polishes suitable for rockets?

I used Peek on my #58 after a good soak in washing up liquid, hot water and bathroom cleaner when I got it, [it was in a right state] and it came up grand the only plating loss was there already, and as already posted I keep it nice and shiny with my miracle cloth.

Tony

I just used some brasso on my flare tip rocket, with no ill effects.
However, I was very very gentle with it, a very light rubbing, followed by gentle bufffing with a soft cloth ( I expect a comment from Pigcat to follow!).

Back
Top Bottom