Please Help Identify

I picked this little contraption up in a junk shop a couple of days ago, simply because of its novelty value, never having seen anything quite like it before, and was wondering if any of you knowledgeable chaps out there might be able to shed some light on its origins and history?

It was made by Wilkinson Sword, and is part of the se auto-stop family I suppose. It has its own blade case marked Sunday through Saturday, an old bit of leather for the strop tied with an old twine. The most interesting part for me is the mechanism and design of the razor itself. There are three screws, one at the bottom of the handle which lossens or tightens the vertical movement of the head, one at the top of the handle which adjusts the horizontal movement of the head, and one at the back which locks the blade firmly in place.

I would never attempt to shave with it as the blades would require both honing and complete restoration as there are rust spots on most of them. However, as a curiosity piece I find it quite intriguing. Any thoughts?

Sorry about the poor quality photographs by the way, I will never be a photographer!

jbq1.jpg

I have just noticed the thread further down from Norfolk Dick Valet Autostrop & Wilkinson Sword SE Razors

Doh!

it's a Wilkinson Sword Seven Day set, i used to have one but sold it to a member on here that is building a collection:

null-29.jpg

null-31.jpg

null-40.jpg

null-32.jpg

null-33.jpg

null-34.jpg

null-35.jpg

null-36.jpg

null-37.jpg

null-38.jpg

null-39.jpg

I also had an Empire Model that has gone to the same Buyer :

null-1042.jpg

null-1574.jpg

null-547.jpg

null-1284.jpg

null-291.jpg

null-580.jpg

null-592.jpg

null-618.jpg

null-1827.jpg

null-507.jpg

null-301.jpg

null-1077.jpg

JohnnyO said:
Professor Blighty said:
Thanks Steve, yours was a lot prettier then mine!

I'm ever so tempted to ask if that's also the case for the owners ! But then, I owe both of you too many favours to risk it !

JohnnyO. \:blush:

He couldn't possibly have a face more "lived in " than mine, I was told once by someone who I think was trying to be kind, that my face showed "history" lol

Back
Top Bottom