Pleasant Surprise.

[attachment=3230]
I bought this razor from ebay. I don't know what model it is, the seller described it as 'vintage 1960s, 70s'
It is marked Gillette and Made in England, but I can find no date mark.
As I like to use all my razors, I gave it a good clean with white vinegar and bicarb & loaded it up with a 7 o'clock.
What a pleasant surprise. It is neither too aggressive nor too mild, nicely balanced and the slightly rectangular profile of the handle sits nicely in the hand and stops the razor from slipping. Gillette may have gone all modern, but the quality is still there.
You seem to be able to pick these up for under a tenner which, to me, represents remarkable value.
I was wondering if anyone else has tried one?

Attachments

• Gillette1970.JPG
    Gillette1970.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 22
I have one of these that I leave in Spain and loaded with Gillette 7OC yellow it does a fine job. I would like a little more weight but it does the job fine.

I have often wondered about removing the plastic handle and getting a stainless steel one made to fix it in to. Anyone else done this?

sunburyboy93 said:
It's a 70's Gillette Slim Twist, the cream handled version is quite common, but they were also made with black, blue and orange handles.

[attachment=3231]

That's interesting. I thought this was slim twist.
Or maybe they are both slim twists

Attachments

• ST.jpg
    ST.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom