Plating a Fat Boy

Satanfriendly

Supporter
Supporter
LeJog 2022 Finisher
So I recently got my birth year razor in a very nice 1960 Fat Boy. I also have a very nicely restored 63 slim and I would like to bring the Fat up to the same standard.

I know a few plating services in either gold or rhodium but my question is how far would I have to strip the razor down to have it replated?

I do love taking things apart, finding how they work and putting everything back together so that is not too much of a challenge.

Just a case of how much?

So I recently got my birth year razor in a very nice 1960 Fat Boy. I also have a very nicely restored 63 slim and I would like to bring the Fat up to the same standard.

I know a few plating services in either gold or rhodium but my question is how far would I have to strip the razor down to have it replated?

I do love taking things apart, finding how they work and putting everything back together so that is not too much of a challenge.

Just a case of how much?
As you probably know already the plating process involves a lot of dipping and rinsing so the more you can strip it down the better I would have thought. Paul

Back
Top Bottom