PIF: Honeybee Spa Soaps

Ok, I have 3 of the above 2 of which are completely unused, Green Tea, Issey Miyake and Yuzu(or something like that) I am holding too much stuff at the mo so will never get round to these. Anyone want them, PM me with details and I will post out next week, hopefully someone will get some good use out of them, happy to split if that seems fairer.
Cheers
Ratty

Ok all 3 are Gone.
PigCat-Green Tea
Boab-Issey miyake
PBroddi-Yuzu.

Expect them with you next week gents, hope you enjoy!
MagicPixie, you get first dibs next time!!

Ratty

Soap arrived this morning. Thanks Keith you are a star! I'll give a try tonight. How exciting, two soaps in two days. I'll get back to that lovely P160 another day... :D

Got mine today, thanks Ratty.I reckon I will be sorted with soap for a while now :D

Boab, can I be pedantic and ask that this thread is moved to Soaps please? I keep forgetting it's in General and am sure there is still some life in it yet, what with updates needed on what the soap is like etc. :geek:

Thanks Boab.

Does anyone know if Honybee Spa soaps are 'melt and pour'? I've run out of containers and wondered if I could melt it down in to the bottom 1/3 of a cappuccino mug I used to use for bowl lathering. Thought I'd better check as I don't know the consequences of microwaving other types such as tallow-based ones.

They are indeed melt and pour soaps. I posted a how-to on CONUK when we got these but if you have done this before you will be familiar with it, the "double boiler” method as used for chocolate is best (this was the recommendation from Sue herself). If you need a link let me know and I will dig one out.

I actually found the performance of the soap was better after I melted and poured it, perhaps this is because when reformed into a cup it allows me to let some hot water sit top for a while but either way absolutely yes they are melt and pour.

The only main NO is do not microwave them, Sue said it could be done but it is very hard not to overheat parts of the soap and degrade both the scent and performance. A slow gentle heat and they melt easily.

In use I they do need a bit more work than some other soaps and I found they are very brush dependant. How I use them is to let water sit on top for a good few mins, use a good soap brush and then face lather.

If you are a man for a challenge you can get a fantastic shave with them, some would say why bother when they are other soaps that lather easily? I would say that I quite like the scent and they perform just as well as any other soap, also I don't mind the extra practise as it improves my lathering abilities.

Let us know how you get on with them,

I placed my puck in the cappuccino cup then sat this on top of a small dish of water straight from the kettle. Only had to replace the water once and the soap had melted nicely in to the bottom of the cup.

Anyway, just had a shave with this soap (Green Tea) and thought it was really good. The lather was not as 'luxurious' as a tallow soap's but was on a par with the Mama Bear soaps I have and the scent was really strong and zingy. I think this is definitely one to use in the morning as the smell really perks you up. :shock:

Back
Top Bottom