Pic of my razor.

Hello. I said hello in the welcome section a few days ago. Here is my razor. It was bought off ebay about christmas time from a fellow who originally bought it from the strop shop. I did manage to track it down on the strop shop site to verify where it came from before I bid on it. It's a lovely razor. A thing of simple beauty.

All I have to do now is work out how to upload the picture......Here goes.

Attachments

• Avio razor.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 205
  • Avio razor.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 206
I agree about them being good ear lobe removers. It went through mine on the 2nd shave like a knife through butter. It does teach you to take care. I know nothing about french points and stuff. I thought it was just a bog standard blade. I'll do some research. I've not come across any other razors from 'avio' so its a bit difficult trying to find out some history about it. It'll need sharpening soon too, it's starting to feel a little dull. Honing seems to be a whole new world of techniques to learn (and stones to buy).

Hay ho.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

It is a sheffield blade. I have had half a dozen or so of them, and sometimes they have sheffield on the tang, sometimes not. Definitely sheffield steel, though, and a good razor.

Regards,
Neil

Hello Neil,

Thanks for the info. It is a lovely razor. It most certainly passed through your hands at some point over the past year or so before it found its way to me. You did a great job of the replacement scales by the way, lovely wood. I keep checking your site and looking at the razors. The urge to buy more is very hard to resist....But resist I must, no doubt i'll be placing an order for my first hone at some point in the near future (and then probably sending you badly honed razor to restore back to shave ready)

All the best

Dave

Back
Top Bottom