Photo of the day

potd-04-09-20.jpg

Very - very small batch soap making - for my beloved - on her birthday - today - just finished the presentation - is this any time in the morning to be using a craft knife - a scalpel by any other name? Two of each - from top left - clockwise -

Irish Coffee - quite proud of this scent - just like Baileys - what I wanted - you have to avoid too much chocolate and vanilla - the key is vanillin - sugary sweet notes - both jobs at once - it does stain your soap base though - granted - not important to me
Turkish Delight - I'm back in Istanbul - locum - we all know what it smells like - but trying to deconstruct it - that took a lot of working out - lots of rose - talking of which
Rose - a nice complex rose - three or four notes - with an underpinning of white musk
Mediterranean Fig - fig is nice as a scent but needs something more? I'm not going to tell you what. :cool:

Mixed goat and donkey milk base - excellent foaming and skin care. Quite happy with this batch.

Yours - I.

@BrianH @Boycie83 @RussellR5555

Last edited:
View attachment 59036

Very - very small batch soap making - for my beloved - on her birthday - today - just finished the presentation - is this any time in the morning to be using a craft knife - a scalpel by any other name? Two of each - from top left - clockwise -

Irish Coffee - quite proud of this scent - just like Baileys - what I wanted - you have to avoid too much chocolate and vanilla - the key is vanillin - sugary sweet notes - both jobs at once - it does stain your soap base though - granted - not important to me
Turkish Delight - I'm back in Istanbul - locum - we all know what it smells like - but trying to deconstruct it - that took a lot of working out - lots of rose - talking of which
Rose - a nice complex rose - three or four notes - with an underpinning of white musk
Mediterranean Fig - fig is nice as a scent but needs something more? I'm not going to tell you what. :cool:

Mixed goat and donkey milk base - excellent foaming and skin care. Quite happy with this batch.

Yours - I.

@BrianH @Boycie83 @RussellR5555
Looks Amazing Iain. The Argan Bunny is still going strong :)

Looks Amazing Iain. The Argan Bunny is still going strong :)
So - you are quite happy with the bunnies soap? - I prefer Persian Argan rabbits - the small ones - you can't hear them scream - mainly because they cry out in Dari - which I can't speak - but you won't use a goat/donkey milk base? Nothing was hurt in the process - I thought to cut you in on the last batch - given - you appear to like my bar soap - but veganism, is how you find it - we all make our own rules - ha ha - bottom line - I can't afford to re-stock with the necessary for making more African Black soap base at the minute. :confused: . I

Potd-19-09-20.jpg

Apples - given to me by a neighbour today - from her allotment - presumably - an orchard of sorts? They are in seasonal glut - heritage apples - apparently - I'll need to make apple sauce or chutney - there are plenty more. Thought it made a picture - as Joni Mitchell said -

'Hey, farmer, farmer
Put away the DDT now
Give me spots on my apples
But leave me the birds and the bees
Please
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
'Til it's gone
They paved paradise
Put up a parking lot'

I.

So - you are quite happy with the bunnies soap? - I prefer Persian Argan rabbits - the small ones - you can't hear them scream - mainly because they cry out in Dari - which I can't speak - but you won't use a goat/donkey milk base? Nothing was hurt in the process - I thought to cut you in on the last batch - given - you appear to like my bar soap - but veganism, is how you find it - we all make our own rules - ha ha - bottom line - I can't afford to re-stock with the necessary for making more African Black soap base at the minute. :confused: . I
My Ancestors where nearly wiped out in the great Argan Bunny Wars, so it is personal :). A generous offer for sure Iain but I try not to use Milks except plant based ones. I love your Bar Soap and it is something I have cherished using.

Gone a bit quite in the photo section ....
Anyway, I was looking at my small collection of cacti and succulent plants and only just noticed that my Lithops cluster is in flower again this year. Quite reliable for flowering one year even twice. Just on the iphone with a bit of auto treatment in PS Elements. I still need to put together a setup for black background, this was just a piece of thin card.
IMG_0372.jpg

Gone a bit quite in the photo section ....
Indeed -

Potd-18- 01-10-20.jpg

Winter is coming - time to break out my Afghan bunnets - more correctly Chitrali hats - most people associate them with the Afghan Muj - in the good old days - when they were fighting the Russians - a more practical hat - you will not find in my experience. I got my first one in Jalabad in the mid-nineties - and have never looked back. The top one in the picture - is of the very finest felted wool - nice. Shaved from the baw bags of mountain goats - Marco Polo sheep - actually - I just made that up. The lower one - is my everyday hat in cold weather. I recommend them to you - although - not perhaps - going through security at airports - you tend to get pulled - where is your destination sir? - paradise - Allah Akbar - get it up you - ya prick. :) . I.

I've rekindled my interest in photography, prompted by a successful strip and service of a couple of vintage lenses (although one has oil on the aperture blades now, which I'm reading up on) ... and a foray into macro, starting with reverse macro:

ACtC-3dZe_5-UdwgSDTwYNWkzarcpRDAOCFleq1jab7Ngr_vbogK4Rhnf75ZHZnS2tdvMWnRnwTu-DY5FrDdj6-wyWezZ20ixEVuapZnjVgkcFwVcQM8lW0SCuY_3qiJgC42EXMIT8-Z1dZo9JVEKCqCAy64mg=s1200

Meanwhile, contentment abides with us ...

ACtC-3evkgxxTXQlqn9ra_oiUVB6rAyo8o8A7_QPlWufqnt5xMygKhPkunw7YgH9BxUXMzLxT2VHegFbzKdB9OJ9WjNKpgTIXQnQ4OOJUkPoAhWIUCkbrHYN0MiB6fk_SorjGAPif4wn6li8q_4tqrl9rcruGQ=w1200

Back
Top Bottom