Phoenix&Beau: My vegan & tallow shaving soaps [testers required]

Just recieved a very scented package in the post... wow what a smell when I opened the jiffy bag.

I have seperated the scent samples so they can adjust to their original scents and have a proper smell in a few hours.

Very exciting and I'm pleased you've got yours so quickly, Stuart.

I'd say it's a great idea to separate each scent sample and let them "rest" for a few hours on their own. Certainly won't hurt :D.

I'm just off to treat myself to a shave with my vegan v7 :cool::)

Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts and learning, adjusting the formula as necessary.

Kerry.

Mine landed today too :), although a number of other things due today, appear to have been delayed by RM :(

I've separated the scent packages the same as Stuart to allow the overriding one to disperse. My desk now smells like a house of ill repute, not that I would know what one smells like ;)

I will give the soap a whirl tomorrow with a tried and tested razor / blade combination

Last edited:
Thanks chaps, see how you get on with the scents but if you feel they're contaminated I'll get new ones out to you. This time though they'll be double sealed in lead and kryptonite cases :eek::D

First things first though, your experience of the soap :)

Yours gratefully,

Kerry.

Whilst you're all busy testing the soap I'll dispatch the scents again. This time I'll use small 5ml plastic vials and include filter paper. This way the oils will remain 100% separated; you can decant on to the paper and enjoy in isolation.

This will hopefully give you a much more accurate representation of what each scent is about.

@Nico1970: are you able to identify the Smokey one you like, please? :)

Bare with me chaps,

Kerry.

@phoenixandbeau - Kerry, it is not Boudicea, Lanaudula, Solaris or Citra Royale. I can't quite make out the other two - can you let me know the names of them and I'll deduce which one it is. That said both are quite similar but one is distinctly 'smokier' than the other - which is a GOOD THING!

Hi Kerry, mine arrived today as well. I have separated the scents as well, not sure which one I like yet but something smells very nice !! Had a minor accident and nicked a bag and have a couple which have the names blurred so I will have to try to figure out whats what. The flat now smells great ...:) :)

Received mine today as well, thank you. Unfortunately all my samples smell of citronella mixed with menthol. Will try the soap later, one thing not sure if its right but the soap contains lumps.

Back
Top Bottom