Phoenix&Beau: My vegan & tallow shaving soaps [testers required]

Morning all,

So we have our first 12 .

Whilst I have the formula assessed would you message me your postal addresses please. Once it's back I'll put together your sample bundles and get them out to you all.

Many thanks for your help with this, chaps. Let the testing begin! :D

I hope you like it.

Kerry.

1. Isaiah53
2. Fly3k
3. Nico1970
4. Grarea
5. Missingskin
6. SeanC
7. Stuart
8. Hippo
9. Globalm
10. Mouse
11. Nishy
12. Fergiebilly

Right then chaps, I've got most of your postal addresses (names in bold = not received), many thanks. In terms of time scale I'll have the formula assessed this week. Beyond that I'm in the hands of my chemist; fingers crossed he'll turn it around nice and quick and then we'll get this show on the road :eek::D

1. Isaiah53
2. Fly3k
3. Nico1970
4. Grarea
5. Missingskin
6. SeanC
7. Stuart
8. Hippo
9. Globalm
10. Mouse
11. Nishy
12. Fergiebilly

@JohnnyO - I am more cunning than a fox with two tails.. :p:)

Thanks all, have a good week.

Kerry.

Good morning all,

A quick update; my vegan formula is being assessed by my chemist and [fingers crossed] won't be too much longer. My hope is that I'll have your bundles in the post by Saturday morning. Fingers crossed. If not then then I'd certainly hope by Monday :).

In the spirit of conducting an experiment / objective testing may I ask that each sample is tested as you find it, please. Any tinkering or altering of the sample can [obviously] skew the results and feedback that you give. Lets see how this first phase goes and we'll take it from there. I'm hopeful you'll all like it, including you tallow fan-boys! :eek:o_O:D

I'll post back once my chemist has done his thing :)

Kerry.

The chemist has done his thing and reports back that vegan v.7 is safe & good to go. Huzzah! :D

Out standing addresses required for @missingskin and @Hippo - when you find a moment, gents.

Work intervenes today but it's my intention to have everyone's bundles sent tomorrow morning :)

I'll post again to let you all know that they're en-route :p:D

Evening all,

Tomorrow morning I'll be posting a test bundle for each of you; fingers crossed you'll have your goodies by Wednesday at the latest :D:):
1. Isaiah53
2. Fly3k
3. Nico1970
4. Grarea
5. Missingskin
6. SeanC
7. Stuart
8. Hippo
9. Globalm
10. Mouse
11. Nishy
12. Fergiebilly (your name is in bold for no other reason than your sample of 'Solaris' has likely doubled up and is one of your co-testers bundle. Sorry about that, I'll get a separate sample out to you as soon as I've grabbed some more filter paper). :rolleyes:

Each bundle contains:
  • 1x 10-15g vegan soap sample in an aluminium screw top tin
  • 6x scent samples - Citra Royale; Albion; Solaris; Boudicea; Sanskrit; Lavandula (each sample is sealed in a small re-sealable plastic bag).
I've tested the efficacy of the re-sealable bags and noted that they are not 100% airtight. Whilst this allows a tiny amount of scent to escape it hasn't affected / contaminated other samples in my control bundle. When you smell each scent please do so in isolation from other strong smells (not just the other samples). I'd also recommend allowing at least a few minutes for your nose to re-set between having a good sniff of each fragrance. Nb, each blend is combination of essential oils.

The samples are deliberately on the small side as I'm keen to see how many shaves you get out of them. If I ever went on to sell my soap I'm giving thought to providing a smaller 2oz / 60ml sized product. I rarely (if ever) use all of a 125g puck / tub and besides, for those of you with watchful partners ("Is that another shaving soap?!") smaller sized tubs / tins are both less conspicuous and more affordable ;).

Happy testing, chaps - in anticipation of your feedback.

Kind regards,

Kerry.
***EDIT***
[Chaps, postage was a devil and to save on £ I decided to briefly return home and pop each sample in to twin lined re-sealable plastic bags. Everything is at the Post Office and awaiting First Class dispatch on Monday morning. Didn't want you being surprised at the lack of shiny posh looking aluminium tins :eek::)]

pbs1.png pbs2.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom