Phoenix and Beau: Menthol soap testers required

I had my second shave last night and haven't changed opinion. I think it is a lovely soap that is cooling without going OTT. It could go up a notch or two in coolness but not by much if it is to be considered a soap for the average user.

As I mentioned when discussing the last sample, and others have also.... I would leave anything much cooler for an occasional LE for the hard-core!!! ;-)

Matt

Second shave with the V3 today.

It was a bit cold this morning so baulked at the idea of a cold water shave.

The soap was fantastic as usual and it was complemented by a bank holiday weekend without shaving.

The cold water rinse after my two pass shave was refreshing and to be honest I don't know if colder would be enjoyable thinking about it.

You have a good soap here Kerry, probably my favourite P&B. I think you would be good to go as is, or a little tweak here or there (Scent and cooling) could make it great.

I will try a cold water shave if it gets a little warmer, or I feel a little braver.

Third shave with the Denali today.

I was going for a Pre work run so opted to shave beforehand. (I don't have nice shaves if I shave after a run. I guess my red puffy face doesn't help.)

Seeing as I wasn't going to shower before my run I couldn't carry out my Nanny's Old Grey Bristle Test soap to face wash. Instead I just gave the mug a warm water splash. (Bottled a cold water shave.)

The lack of any great prep didn't stand in the way of Denali and I had another great 2 pass shave.

The other thought that occurred to me today is that although the lather is cool the real coldness comes from the cold water rinse at the end. Today I even hesitated beforehand.
With this in mind I think that is the selling point if the formulation stays the same.

One of my local testers of Denali reported back on the latest version. Being a bald chap he has a little more surface area to shave and I thought I'd share his comments that he made this morning:

"Ah, I got out for a run this morning and when I got back for my shower I thought I'd give Denali a go. You're right, it is colder. In fact I found it so nice I just stood there with the lather all over my head and face and didn't want to shave".

He said he stood like that for four or five minutes

Could be a new product for keeping wrinkles at bay Freezes the face much like botox

Second go with the sample today and my original thoughts still stand. If you like you could have the rest of my sample. Sounds like a worthwhile test for P+B. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
Many thanks for the sample. Just cold water shaved with it.
Some thoughts. Firstly it doesn't like cold water lathering , it was hard work and only started to become anything like the quality of usual p&b when it was warming up. My wife hates the smell of the sample but likes the post shave scent, strong mint tones coming through. One for the summer. I did a three pass and touch up shave and the cooling certainly grows throughout. The final cold water splash was like putting my head in an ice bucket. During the shave however I would like it a touch colder. Not a lot or the final pass would sneak into uncomfortable rather than refreshing.
The good news though is I have zero irritation. I will try a hot water shave also to see if any irritation occurs but so far, excellent and almost cold enough....