Personna Injector

Got a Personna injector last week and the first few shaves where rough , tugging and loads of cuts.
Well did some searching and found some info on the Pal injector which someone mentioned is the same as the Personna and with a bit of trial and error managed to get some great shaves from it.
The angle of the head against the skin is totally different to the Schick injectors its more like the angle you would use a DE .
If you put it flat to the face like the Schick as you can see below the guard bar of the Personna does not touch the skin so it does not do its skin stretching bit.

Just as a matter of interest, I have a Personna "Floating Head" injector. As the name implies, the head is spring loaded. The idea being that it prevents too much pressure being applied on your skin. I've only used it once and found it a rather odd experience. I gather that it didn't catch on too well with the shaving public and I can understand why. I must return to it again soon and try and master it.:s

Me? I had a go ...

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-23021-post-319684.html#pid319684

... finished off with a 1912.

This was after a go with pretty much all the injectors I have, this one, PAL and a couple of Schicks with a pack of Chicks and got nowhere. I really tried, but I'll put it down to a mismatch between man and machine; operator error.

I'll keeping hold of the few I've got, this one included, since I love their shape. I'll dip back in every now and again ...

Back
Top Bottom