Personna Blades

Hi everyone,

I seem to come across mentions online of Personna Reds, here in the UK I've never seen the red packs, we only seem to get the blue ones with the red writing, are these actually the same?

And what are the 'Med Prep' blades people seem to hold in such high regards? Can anyone just clear this up for me please?

Cheers in advancePhotoEditor-20210404114427.jpg

The Personna Platinum Chromes you have shown above are available in 3 forms.

v1 - red card packet, red sleeve - comes in packs of 5 blades Made in Israel, for American market
v2 - white plastic dispenser, white paper sleeve, comes in packs of 10 blades, Made in Israel, for European market.
v3 - white plastic dispenser, white paper sleeve, comes in packs of 10 blades, Made in Germany

v1 and v2 are supposed to be the same blade, but are sold with different packaging.

Connaught Shaving in the UK sell v2 and v3.

The Med Prep is supposed to be similar to the Personna Lab Blue which is a good blade. The Med Prep is a lot more expensive though.

As with any blade it's down to the user.

Thanks, that clears it up. I avoided them until today because I wasn't sure what I was buying.

I quite liked it, pack of 10 in white dispenser v2 above.

Thanks again

From what I gather, Meds, Labs and Comfort Coated are the same stainless blade. Meds (or is it Labs?) are cleansed for clinical use. Comfort Coated are for non-medical purposes. All are PTFE coated.

Worth noting that from fresh, these are pretty rough! I've always found they mellow with a shave and emprically, you can see that they're proper dull out of the pack but sharpen up lovely with use. Some folks feel this as rough/tuggy and then overly raw.

Platinum Chrome (the "Israeli Reds") appear much the same, but are far better regarded ... even the (new) German made.

Back
Top Bottom