Penhaligons

Just bought one of these of the bay, seems a nice cheap way of trying 4 of their fragrances and you end up with 4 handy bottles to use as travel containers (ok only for a short trip.... :lol: ). The guys service is quick as well arrived in 2 days.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270632310590&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_509wt_1139" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 509wt_1139</a><!-- m -->

Re: Penhaigons

I sampled these in the shop at Bicester village.Got some on the list for santa now.Staff were really nice as well.

Professor Blighty said:
I bought a bottle of Endymion, £50 for 50ml, and wasn't impressed.
Nice scent but didn't last 5 minutes.

Rather liked this to start with, but lost the liking of the sweetness of it after awhile. Although i didn't have any problems with the longevity, lasted pretty much all day.

if you like the initial sweetness of the endymion, but want something much longer lasting, that maintains its sweetness then i would suggest:

L'occitane: Eau de Baux EDT 100ml

superbly sweet, aromatic and spicy. lasts ages, i was still catching whiffs of it off my skin well into the end of the day.\

Of the penhaligons stuff i favour Castille and Opus 1870, but also have a huge soft spot for the Endymion

shrink said:
if you like the initial sweetness of the endymion, but want something much longer lasting, that maintains its sweetness then i would suggest:

L'occitane: Eau de Baux EDT 100ml

Will have to try that one next time I'm in town.

I hope I'm remembering this correctly, but I found Endymion a softer, classier version of Gucci Envy (for blokes). Unfortunately, it didn't last long on my skin. Actually, talking of L'Occitane, their Vetiver (lovely sweet-smelling stuff) also reminded me of Envy but had the same problem as Endymion: lack of longevity.

im a frequent gucci envy user, and dont really find it similar to endymion.

What endymion reminds me of, is a slightly classier version of Givenchy's Xeryus Rouge. Where the xeryus mates the sweet rich spices with an odd juniper and green top note, the endymion just keeps it sweet and spicy. Its a more complete fragrance IMHO

Back
Top Bottom