Penhaligons Endymion cream And balm

I was lucky enough to secure a sample of the Endymion shaving cream and balm recently - enough for three shaves.

This is by far the most luxurious product I have used to date.

First, the shaving cream. The cream even looks luxurious! How is that possible? I am not quite sure, but the texture looks much smoother than any other cream I have used before. The scent is also divine. And performance? Well, it feels lovely on the face and lathers into a thick cream. Does it perform any better than other creams I have? No, not really.

And the after shave balm. Again, looks and smells divine and goes on the face very smoothly - slightly thicker than DR Harris milk but nothing like as thick as say L'Occitane CADE. Does it perform any better than other ASBs I have, no not really.

I know that is not a complete review. But my impression really is that the product is really really luxurious (I would definitely buy some when I eventually run out of all my other stuff) but is not really a better performer.

Anyone else with experience of using Penhaligon's creams like to comment?

I love Penhaligons stuff. Particularly EDTs. Blenheim bouquet is my personal fave. (Winnie Churchill used it, don't you know!)

Not tried any creams or balms though, but will do soon

I'm also a bit of a Penhaligons fan.

I'v not used any of the creams or balms, but I have got a couple of English Fern shaving soaps, and am currently using the English Fern bath soap.

Cologne/edt wise I have:

English Fern
Blenheim Bouquet
Hammam Bouqet
Endymion
Opus 1870
Douro

Ian

I ordered the four set sampler of Penhalligons scents, too expensive to guess at what you like. I have fallen out with powdery scents and have a full bottle of Floris 89 that I am going to get rid of, I hope the Penns are not all powdery.