Pears soap for shaving with while travelling

I'm going on holiday shortly and want to minimise the amount of stuff in my wash bag. Usually I take an electric razor, but find them a poor shaver and always end of with bits that I've missed.

I was thinking of taking some Pears soap with me, and using it to shave with and just lathering the soap up on face and working into a lather with my hands, so that I don't need to take a brush. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with shaving with Pears soap. I'm not planning on doing a super long shave with it, just a quick two pass and out the hotel door kind of shave. Thanks.

I'd rather take a travel brush (something like a hollow handle Omega Synth) and a proper shaving soap sample. Or a travel shaving gel dispenser and a disposable razor.
Spot on with this, a couple of weeks ago I shaved using hand soap. Just standard tallow soap it was ok, but proper shave soap or cream is much better and will not take up much room.

I did try shaving with Pears once as an experiment. It was OK, not great but doable, but I did use a brush. I don't think it would be great just worked in with your hands as you will get some slickness but no cushion. I now have a baking soda tub that fits a small synthetic brush and a soap sample.

If you can take a bar of Pears soap you could just as easily take a small jar of cream (Menrock from TK Maxx ) or a small sample tin from the likes of Brian at Signature Soaps. Perfect

A small brush and a razor take naff all space. The idea of the word 'Travel' with razors and brushes does make me giggle inwardly. How small do you want? My wife takes a whole small suitcase for an overnight stay away.

If you feel you also need a bar of soap, I bought a bar of triple milled bath soap from TK and found it leathers wonderfully for shaving. Can't for the sake of me remember the name as presently away working. Complete with three jars of normal shaving soap, a Yaqi brush and an Ikon razor. Perfect.

If you can take a bar of Pears soap you could just as easily take a small jar of cream (Menrock from TK Maxx ) or a small sample tin from the likes of Brian at Signature Soaps. Perfect

A small brush and a razor take naff all space. The idea of the word 'Travel' with razors and brushes does make me giggle inwardly. How small do you want? My wife takes a whole small suitcase for an overnight stay away.

If you feel you also need a bar of soap, I bought a bar of triple milled bath soap from TK and found it leathers wonderfully for shaving. Can't for the sake of me remember the name as presently away working. Complete with three jars of normal shaving soap, a Yaqi brush and an Ikon razor. Perfect.

Thanks.
The idea of taking the Pears soap, was that I could use it in the shower, and also to shave with. Which would mean, not having to take a brush, or a tub of my soap (which are on the large size) or having to buy some small sample pucks. I might just stick with the electric razor.

It's a good point. If I had to choose between bath soap and shaving soap, I'd take shaving soap on the basis you can wash with it better than you can shave with bath soap. In any case, most travel seems to involve either mates houses or hotels, and in both cases they'll let you have some shower gel to wash with. I'd leave that behind and pack a small tube of shaving cream, such as the tiny tube that came with my Men-ü brush. There's no lather without a brush though is there?

I've toured on a motorbike and that's pretty tight on space, ditto any short flights where it was cabin bag only, and I've always found enough space for minimum shaving gear, even though that probably amounted to a bit of shave gel or oil and a cartridge razor.

Was just about to recommend the same :)

Although shaving soap applied without a brush will be plenty slick enough I find that it dries out quickly so I have to keep applying more water/soap.

I'll be heading off on a cycle trip at the start of September. Two weeks wild camping, sponge bath twice a day, the odd swim and the occasional shave. A couple of Arko lipsticks will cover everything.

Arko-lipstick-small.png

Back
Top Bottom