Pearl thoughts, what next..

Few thoughts on the last few months using solely my Pearl Blaze, thoroughly good razor, fine for a daily shave with one of around 20 blades in - permasharp and nacet seem to go well.

Based on how impressed I was with the blaze I bought the Pearl Hammer... After a few attempts with blades, swapped the handle etc and this has to be hands down the worse razor (for me) I have ever used and sadly the only razor that will stay firmly in the box. I am not sure why as it's not massively aggressive but the combination of how the blade is held, it feels very prone to what feels like chatter mixed with a tough beard and my technique just ends in an awful shave for me, shame as I was so impressed with the Blaze.

So it begs the question as to what next? Cost wise around the same value as the Pearl hammer would be ideal.

Or if anyone fancies trading a very lightly used Pearl Hammer for something interesting then let me know

Thanks in advance

Stay well all

If you want to stick with Pearl you could get a Flexi. It's the only Pearl I've tried and is built well with quite some heft. It's a two piece adjustable. For me it's quite aggressive so I don't take it beyond setting 2 but it is an effective razor if your skin isn't sensitive and you have a thick or wiry beard

I have no idea about the Pearl Hammer. I would just go with a Fatip Testina Gentile. It's in my top 2 along with a vintage Schick Króna...

Reactions: PHR
I have a few fatips the limited with the OC and gentile plates, I actually used the OC and OC slant the last few shaves for a nice change. They do a great job

Back
Top Bottom