Pearl Blaze

Interestingly I couldn't find a dedicated thread to this razor so here we are. I'm going to pinch some of @slapo 's information to help build it (thank you).

The Pearl Blaze is a CNC manufactured razor made of triple plated brass. Blade gap is 0.74mm and it weighs in at 105g. Blade exposure feels neutral to me but it's deceptively efficient. Here's the manufacturer's website:

I've been shaving with the Pearl Blaze for two weeks now. I've used the venerable Gillette Silver Blue and Silver Star blades with it. I feel I know it well enough now to pass judgement.

I enjoyed every single shave with this razor. It's an absolute steal at its price point. Bear in mind that it's brass so it has some heft. I experienced no drag/suction with the head and had consistently nice finishes from 2 pass shaves including my trouble areas. It's definitely one to keep in the den. The handle pattern works for grip and it feels like a quality piece of kit in the hand. It assembles smoothly and the head covers the blade tabs.

I think @culcreuch was right when he said the Flexi has overshadowed the Blaze. A shame as this really is a good razor. Whilst no longer available from Connaught, it can be purchased from YourShaving.

Edit: I should at least try and spell Brian's username correctly!

Last edited:
It's great when someone confirms what has been running through my mind already. Efficiency can be duplicated with the flexi.....but this is spot on with no flaff....and to be honest ....the weight and balance are better for me

It's great when someone confirms what has been running through my mind already. Efficiency can be duplicated with the flexi.....but this is spot on with no flaff....and to be honest ....the weight and balance are better for me

I agree. If I had to choose between the two, I'd move the Flexi on and keep the Blaze.
How does it compare to a standard D89 style head?

I picked up one of these Pearl Blaze razors a couple of weeks ago, and has taken the lead as my daily shaver. At least for now until something else pops up!

I have used my go to Nacet and Feather blades and both shave well so far. Found the sharper blades tend to work well for me, I have stocked up on nacets and feathers for now. But fancy a third blade to rotate in, as id rather one blade and give it a good run then 10 and and hop around. Shortlist ATM:

Polisilver
Personna
Gillette 7

Any other "must try blades" I can give a run for a while?

Thanks