Paypal Scam

Warning for all paypal users; just had an e-mail claiming to be from Paypal security saying "mobile topups 24/7.com had requested £40 from my paypal account and Paypal required verification from me. If I did not want to authorise the payment I was to click on "cancel payment".
I was suspicious of this as it was addressed to "dear paypal client", paypal always use your name, and all our phones are on contract. Forwarded this to paypal and they confirm no money has been requested and the "cancel payment" button would open another site and give them access to who knows what? Be warned, they`re out to get you. :!:

Thanks for that mate.

The amount of phishing that goes on nowadays is unbelievable! Whenever anything suspicious comes into my inbox I just hover my pointer over the button or link and read where the link will go and you can spot most of them doing it that way.

Blades said:
James_uk said:
I'm still waiting for that lovely nigerian family to send me my 20million uganda dollars :?
:lol: :lol:
I am still waiting for the Congo ambassador for my 2million USD deposit!

Blades

Ya ,but in my most recent conversation with them,I said we can settle for £10million and 4 badgers,they said they don't have any so they have to get back to me on that :?

Back
Top Bottom